Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As you've undoubtedly noticed, this forum has been literally buried in spam for the past 2-3 months. We've had trouble keeping up with it as unfortunately this coincided with a new job for me.

There were over 20,000 spam messages here. I've deleted most of them and hopefully only a few real discussions were lost in the process. There may be some remaining spam here and there.

We're working on solving this problem for good. There will be new rules for the forums, but I have not yet established what those will be. There are some temporary rules in place (limits on posting links, no links in signatures, etc.) that may become permanent. We may end up requiring all new users to be approved before posting. I'll update here when we figure out exactly what the new rules are.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 pm 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

I see, or i guess, message module is restricted. Yet i had some contact info of my friends from the forum in my message box, which i need now. and i noticed (thanks to an auto e-mail) just days ago (on 5th of this month) a friend sent me a message. So i guess the data is not permanently lost, few weeks ago the module was available. Thus i hope, mdm, we didn't lose that data and i hope i'll soon see my messages. Please help me about this, if it's not possible to see the messages again...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:52 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tony I tried to send you a pm months ago giving private address and email so we could keep in touch, also DSW would like to keep up. I cannot put my email up here, but will check out if there is an email or address for magazine and will try and send message that way. Only look on forum now and then I think it helped crash my computer with all the garbage! Glad I checked and saw your message but cannot pm.

Mgm please please put back messages at least .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 am 

I notice the forum is still "buried in spam".
Can anything be done, in the near future, or must we to hand victory to "SeemClele" and its associates?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm 

mgm wrote:
As you've undoubtedly noticed, this forum has been literally buried in spam for the past 2-3 months. We've had trouble keeping up with it as unfortunately this coincided with a new job for me.

There were over 20,000 spam messages here. I've deleted most of them and hopefully only a few real discussions were lost in the process. There may be some remaining spam here and there.

We're working on solving this problem for good. There will be new rules for the forums, but I have not yet established what those will be. There are some temporary rules in place (limits on posting links, no links in signatures, etc.) that may become permanent. We may end up requiring all new users to be approved before posting. I'll update here when we figure out exactly what the new rules are.

I understand it is not that simple, and certainly takes time, to solve "this problem for good" but is there any chance of letting us know how you are getting on?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:56 am 

mgm wrote:
We're working on solving this problem for good.

I can see you are making significant progress.