Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:16 pm 

I am a writer, reader, and collector of books. I write stories and poems. I read just about anything, and I have my own library in my apartment. Currently under construction. I love books, and I love reading. I would love to be a book binder, but it is a dead trade. No one does it the old way anymore. Now it's done with machines because we have to produce thousands of the same novel. I would be very happy if I could just find a job with books. No one will hire me though.

Personally I think that books will last. Let's say all technology fails. We have no electricity. Books have become a memory, because people started using those online reading devices. You can download books off the internet and read them off a little hand held device. What are people going to do? Start writing again. Start composing books again. People will get bored without the usual entertainment. Maybe people that never liked reading would force themselves to do so out of boredom. Who knows.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:52 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

I doubt I will ever be able to manage to write anything other than factual scientific research papers. I envy those who can.

Thought I should make one point though, people are writing more books now than has ever been before.

Plus as Terry Pratchett says "Writing is the most fun you can have on your own".