Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:07 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Libra, love, that is a difficult question. Lemme think this out:

The way I think is generally pessimistic. However, I think my actions are the opposite. My demeanor is just easy-going and I just walk like my life is good, which it is. I'm not sure how I can think so negatively and keep my head high. But I do. BUT. Again. I'm always trying to improve myself. I am not quite the person that I want to be. I'm not trying to change for others or anything. I'm beyond the "cool" thing and I don't stress like the girl next to me - "Oh, my god! I broke a nail!"

As I think of my experiences, I've done a lot and I know a lot and I shouldn't have been born in '91. On the other hand, I haven't done sh--, I don't know ANYTHING, and I was probably born at just the right time. Like George Harrison.

I could go on, but I'll leave it at that or I'll lose my thoughts.

"All Things Must Pass"
by Tommy Saul.

Or given that I view life as simple (and since my own life is simple), it might be more appropriate to call my book "Untitled". The reader can leave the title up for interpretation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:03 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:

As I think of my experiences, I've done a lot and I know a lot and I shouldn't have been born in '91. On the other hand, I haven't done sh--, I don't know ANYTHING, and I was probably born at just the right time. Like George Harrison.

"All Things Must Pass"
by Tommy Saul.

First of all, let me tell you that I'll be the most curious of them all to read "your" autobiography if you ever have the motive to issue it out.
Even if the title would remain "Untitled" then its the best title given.

Then, let me ask you about the way you look to life generally, you said The way I think is generally pessimistic. However, I think my actions are the opposite. Do we have to categorize ourselves either to be pessimistic or optimistic and that's it! - OR - its outta our hands sometimes as situations we pass by change us spontaneously to react accordingly? Is it so innate that we were born crying out to be pessimistic despite the cheerful incidents passing by our eyes?
Sorry for making it long but I was judged being TOO optimistic, so its somehow challenging topic to me.

P.S: I think, as you said, that you should not be born in 91. Your way of conveying yourself makes you different & mature if compared to your peers.

Hope that DSW is around, coz am having one simple question to ask:

Where could we find a "Utopian" land?

thanks for sharing ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:13 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
I insist on the friction :P

But here comes Anajo to ask her ...
Do you think women could be better leaders if they could be handled some vital responsibility?

Libra.

Well I know many women in positions of responsibility who are good leaders, so yes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Libra wrote:
First of all, let me tell you that I'll be the most curious of them all to read "your" autobiography if you ever have the motive to issue it out.
Even if the title would remain "Untitled" then its the best title given.

Then, let me ask you about the way you look to life generally, you said The way I think is generally pessimistic. However, I think my actions are the opposite. Do we have to categorize ourselves either to be pessimistic or optimistic and that's it! - OR - its outta our hands sometimes as situations we pass by change us spontaneously to react accordingly? Is it so innate that we were born crying out to be pessimistic despite the cheerful incidents passing by our eyes?
Sorry for making it long but I was judged being TOO optimistic, so its somehow challenging topic to me.

P.S: I think, as you said, that you should not be born in 91. Your way of conveying yourself makes you different & mature if compared to your peers.
Thanks for the kind words, Libra. :)
In regards to your question: Do we have to categorize ourselves either to be pessimistic or optimistic and that's it! - OR - its outta our hands sometimes as situations we pass by change us spontaneously to react accordingly?

As I think about it, I would say that it's the latter. Mainly, my thoughts are pessimistic because I go to school with complete morons. I'm stuck, 5 days a week from 8 am to 3 pm, with people that I don't even like (for the most part. Everyone has friends... I just choose who I want to associate with, and that list short, thank goodness.) But I hear the same old sh-- at lunch tables and it's the same beautiful butterflies who laugh at the fat kids and it's the same old complaints about losing cell phones and not be able to go to the movies because their parents are losers who don't know how to be cool and blah blah blah. On top of that, I'm under constant pressure to go to college and do something with my life and all this Teachers-Motivating-Students-By-Giving-The-Unambitious-Kids-A-Sparkling-Example-Of-An-Honor-Student-Who-Went-Pre-Med-And-Is-Now-Happily-Married-And-We-All-Lived-Happily-Ever-After junk. (Ah, yes, I'll learn in time.) These are the situations that surround me DAY AFTER DAY, so it has become my standard way of thinking. It seeped into my subconscious and it stayed there. I don't know how I'm so care-free. It's not a facade that I put on and it's not me being optimistic. It's just a general notion, that it's all good, dude! It's all good! Life's cool! I have air in my lungs, a heart in my chest, and a brain in that thick skull of mine. ;) I suppose it's all good, because I look beyond. I just look up at the sky and I'm assured that I know there is a whole world out there waiting for me. And for that, I am thankful.

Sorry I wrote so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

if i understand it,i would like to be an architect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi Fanatic!

Well, I began my journey with a degree in Marketing. I soon found out that I needed more knowledge of Accounting and Finance in order to fully understand Marketing. In the end, jobs in Marketing were hard to get, and so I ended up making my living in the Finance/Accounting field.

I am now an artist, which is what I always wanted to do but I was afraid that I couldn't make a living from it. In retrospect, I wish that I had followed my dream from the very start, but knowing that I didn't want to depend on anyone and wanted to be able to support myself and be self sufficient, I took the path of being safe and sure about the possible consequences of my decisions..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

If I were to pick my dream job, it would be the pianist for SRV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Or organist. Both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

SRV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Either that or P-Funk. That would be JAMMIN'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:44 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

SRV. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Blues. One of the greatest guitar players that ever lived. Dead. Helicopter/Mountain crash. And P-Funk is a funk band. George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. There most famous song is "We Want The Funk". http://youtube.com/watch?v=59ST4rCvgy8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Cool Fanatic .. well, if I would choose my most favourite career, it would be writing (My dream is always to be some good and may be famous writer). I do it as a hobby from time to time but my current career takes over my time, unfortunately.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:20 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

dear sister,do u take writing as a job or something like career?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next