Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:38 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Oh... I mistakenly read the words in brackets as well... Oh.. ask anything about morroco and the cultures, no stopping you.. Mezian.. change your thread title to something suitable then..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:51 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"The Truth of Islam" as a topic as I humbly guess is very appropriate here ...

For my personal view point ... it is not a religious lecture ... I behold Islam is a huge building with many pillars and is valid for any one to tackle and dive into ... it is rather "The truth of us". I am a muslim, ishrat and mezian too but we still came from different cultures, histories and backgrounds. It is a very good healthy subject to get deep revolving around many subjects with regards to our faith and beliefs.

As for addressing to his view point regarding "The execution of Saddam" in this thread ... it goes appealing so much to the topic (again regarding my point of view) ... in regards to its wrong timing and I guess it teased all the muslims (not only from Morocco or Lebanon or Saudi-Arabia or bla bla) it is the Byram feast and not respectable to act as such! --- we should not be tyrannts facing a merciless cruel creature ... Justice is essential but Humaniterrian qualities conquer all --- Islam is a way of life before its being a religion.

I appreciate sticking to topics and not diversing elsewhere ... but I also believe that we are not in a classroom ... things might come in mind and we feel free if speaking them out.

Does it sound fammiliar :) I hope ...

Have a very nice day.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:08 pm 

Hi friends :)

How are you?

I am glad to join you again :)

I'll be clear.. Saddam was one of the many many dictators/oppressors & war criminals in this planet.. they are everywhere..

I think that all these monsters have to pay for all their crimes, it's not just about saddam, I mean every dictator/oppressor war criminal in the world..

For Saddam..
1. I think his execution was in a wrong time, Muslims were celebrating their feast in that day,
2. It was illegal to film the execution,
3. and the most important is what Saddam's execution will bring to Iraqi people? NOTHING.. just a 5 minutes video clip of a man's execution :?

Happy new year :)

"I Can Do It !"
Success Principles For Smart People!
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
http://go.0ui.biz/5
Click Now!

Last edited by mezian on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:45 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

mezian, bro welcome here, i am a muslim too from glorious country of Turkey.but u r wrong,jihad doesnt mean self defence, it comes the source of c+h+d and means "to determine"
peace be with u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:04 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Aha, here we go with Libras point. Different cultures and different points of view. May I just ask here that you two discuss this point and try to agree on some aspects, as well as agree to disagree if you do not see fit to accept each others principles. I would like to you both put your cases forward here, but religion can be a sticky area with many people having their own views and strong to defend them. Please do not allow yourselves to get dragged into an agressive shotuing match. You are both far too intelligent for that. We have a great opportunity here for a healthy dialogue and debate, it would be a great shame for it to be wasted.

Thank you for your views on Saddam mezian. I have to agree with you, poor timing on the part of those responsible, and I agree that there are many war criminals out there. I would say Bush is not on the same level as Hussein, but he needs to start answering to his actions. Blair also needs to be more strong and stand for the British viewpoint. I think he should stand up and deplore the manner in which the execution of Saddam was handled. As yet we have only had comments from the Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott, who has stated only his personal opinion on it. Even the leader of the Conservative party, David Cammeron hast stated he is against the death penalty and the manner it was handled. I believe Blair has to come out and say his opinion and the opinion of the government and people of the UK. I personally feel it was poorly handled and poorly timed. I do personally disagree with the death penalty, but I more strongly believe that justice should be carried out in the Iraqi way. It is their decision to execute them and I do not believe it would be any form of democracy if we were to try and influence that.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6230105.stm

Anyway, back to Islam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:17 am 

Tonyukuk wrote:
mezian, bro welcome here, i am a muslim too from glorious country of Turkey.but u r wrong,jihad doesnt mean self defence, it comes the source of c+h+d and means "to determine"
peace be with u

Salam TonyUkuk, I am happier to welcome you :)

For " Jihad ", the word means in Arabic exactly : putting all the effort with persistence to acccomplish something, so when I said it means self-defence, I was trying to explain the military side of it : the right to resist and defend yourself.. but there is a personal/internal side that means to a Muslim : forcing himself to avoid sins (the bigger Jihad.. the most difficult)

Take care :)

"I Can Do It !"
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
Click Now!

Last edited by mezian on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:20 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

yeah, i am unsuccessful at the biggest jihad.i can not keep myself far from drink. :(
it was nice to meet you bro,

May the Allah be with you...

"Essalatu hayrun minen nevm..."(i am not sure about using latin characters to write this...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:23 am 

Yes it is ASSALATU KHAYRUN MINA ANNAWM :)

"I Can Do It !"
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
Click Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:25 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

yes and i am trying to apply it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:28 am 

Tonyukuk wrote:
yes and i am trying to apply it...

Yes that is the bigger Jihad, to force yourself make good deeds :)

"I Can Do It !"
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
Click Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:35 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This is good. :wink:

Mezian, may I be so bold as to ask you one thing, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Could an Islamic extremist's fanataicalism be a result of Jihad mixed with their dislike of, for example, Israel (I know we are in a period of cease fire at the moment, and long may the peaceful negotiations continue, until a peaceful resolution is arrived at). So, to put it in other words, in the past, they see Israel and the re-entering of the Holy Land as the something to accomplish. All the effort and persistance, in that past, have been attacks and revenge attacks on Israel (not to say Israel has not wronged you, it has, and I must put my hands up and say that the western world has not always helped) by groups such as Islamic Jihad, who's fanaticalism (and name) are drawn from the concept/belief of Jihad.

I hope that make sense :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:36 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Moshei i would reply it but i think mezian's eng. is better than me so he can do it better.

God bless you Moshei :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:45 am 

Moshei wrote:
This is good. :wink:

Mezian, may I be so bold as to ask you one thing, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Could an Islamic extremist's fanataicalism be a result of Jihad mixed with their dislike of, for example, Israel (I know we are in a period of cease fire at the moment, and long may the peaceful negotiations continue, until a peaceful resolution is arrived at). So, to put it in other words, in the past, they see Israel and the re-entering of the Holy Land as the something to accomplish. All the effort and persistance, in that past, have been attacks and revenge attacks on Israel (not to say Israel has not wronged you, it has, and I must put my hands up and say that the western world has not always helped) by groups such as Islamic Jihad, who's fanaticalism (and name) are drawn from the concept/belief of Jihad.

I hope that make sense :?

Hi :)

Sorry Moshei.. but I did not understand exactly what your question was..
can you please formulate it in a more direct manner :)
so I 'll be able to respond you

"I Can Do It !"
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
Click Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:49 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Does/can Jihad cause fanataicalism in certain individuals?

Sorry about the ubrupt nature of this question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:59 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

it depends upon personal looking angle.if u wanna be a fanatic, u can use jihad,also if u wanna be a peaceful man u can use jihad too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next