Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:14 am 

I suppose most of the children would be spared. Those who are maybe in their teens. Do you think the government could be so heartless as to kill babies? I'm probably wrong.

Quote:
Would the government try to prevent this from happening some how? By trying to kill of the weaker people in the world, giving the strongest more time to live?

If the government gets overthrown then there would be no killing off of the weaker human beings. Unless the people turn on each other and start killing the weaker off after they realize that there is no structure left, and they start starving for lack of food. So what the people tried to prevent the government from doing, they eventually end up doing themselves.

Okay...I need to stop. Now look what you've done. I have plots for a story running through my head. LOL! It's okay! this is fun.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:51 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

People would fight mostly for territory I would imagine. As you said, the first thing would be food, and I think weapons, but territory woudl be a major deal. As for the population, who goes first, the children would be sparred, because I don't care what the situation is, if you can kill a child who isn't trying to kill you, you are a sick ******* and should die. Scuse me. But the old who had nothing to give (ie, Scientists, teachers, former military, mechanics) would be killed off. If they can give nothing, the people wouldn't want to share precious food and supplies with them. I think after that, the people would kill each other off and the strongest would be left. From there the war takes one of two roads. Etiher there are enough gone that the world could once again sustain us, or we would keep on fighting for whatever reason. If the latter happened, there would be a continuous cleansing of the gene pool, as nemesis mentioned earlier. After a few generations of fighting, the people would become tired of it and we would have a new world, significantly smaller in populaiton but stronger, genetically speaking.
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:03 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
As for the population, who goes first, the children would be sparred, because I don't care what the situation is, if you can kill a child who isn't trying to kill you, you are a sick ******* and should die

Just because you couldnt, it doesnt mean that their arnt people out their twisted enough to do it. Also, i dont think the world is so black and white. What if you had a choice to make, kill one child to save 10 others? Lets hope that no one is ever in a situation even remotely like this one.

Quote:
Etiher there are enough gone that the world could once again sustain us, or we would keep on fighting for whatever reason

I think that it would be hard for people to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

When I said that the childeren would be sparred, I meant as a group/race/whole. Of course there will be some cases in which someone kills children, perhaps many of them, but the whole of them will be sparred.

I suppose people may become used to the violence, maybe even learn to enjoy it. After a while it may become how we live. But, as you said, I pray we never see that day.
Yang

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yin, people 100 or 200 years ago prayed not to see the world as it is today. Now it's here and they pray not to see the world as you described it. Maybe.. they will see your world too and will pray not to see something much worse :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:49 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

My grandpa said he would never want to see the world the way it is today, less than 50 years ago. I am praying I won't see the world the way it is turning out to be... that's what really upsets me, how the world is in a constant state of degrade. But, that is another discussion. For now, let us stay on the topic. Where would you guys go in the case of a "survival of the fittest" scenario? (Ie, the forest, church, another country?)
Yin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:22 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Where would you guys go in the case of a "survival of the fittest" scenario? (Ie, the forest, church, another country?)

Away. The city would definatly not be a safe place to be. Too many people fighting over too few goods. I think somewhere in the country would be good. I would first visit the stores in the city, loot the things necassary to establish a small farm-like province (Eg. Shovels, seeds, glue, petrol, tools, nails, more nails, rope and anything else i think might be important). I would probably steal some supplies to last while im setting up (Eg. Canned goods, UHT milk, beef jerky, bottled water.) I would probably try to conivnce my mates and their famlies to come with me (safety in numbers) then leave for somewhere remote, somewhere near a river. I would set up camp, and prepare for the long haul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:16 am 

I would head towards the forest. Somewhere way out in the boondocks. I would attempt to get all of my friends and family to go with me. Stock up on supplies, and then start on creating an underground home for all of us. Yeah it would take awhile, but we would be hidden at least. Otherwise, if that wasn't possible, considering all the resources we would need to create it, I would start on building a cabin.

Raven