Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:25 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

MSANAM made a post to me in the quotation talk forum that talked about probing the subconcious. If you would like to read it it is in the "Over come with emotion" forum. But I was wondering if anyone else had any way of... tapping into your own subconcious. MSANAM, I thank you for your idea and I will have to find someone that I trust to help me with it. Thanks
Yin.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hmm YinYang... I think that every your response will come out of your experience, or anything you did in life, gone through. For example, in my case, word 'sponge':

The very first thing that came into my mind when I looked at sponge is the incident that happened in school 3 years ago. I'm not going to write deeper about that incident, but it was real fun :lol: And I'm very sure that everytime anyone will say sponge, the first thing that will come into my mind will be this same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:09 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

To get it right YinYang, is the topic about getting into some's thinking process or did I miss the point here... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:56 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Ishrat,
I posted this forum to see if anyone had any techniques to either A) tap into someone's subconcious mind or B) get into their thinking proccess. Basically anything like that I am open to hear about in this forum. In a way they go hand in hand, since seeing into your subconcious mind may not be enough, as what you find may need to be analized. I have just found that at times I need to step back and take a look at what is going on in my own head, and knowing how to figure out what is going on in my friend's heads would be nice, too :wink:

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:38 am 

Yin,
Code:
I have just found that at times I need to step back and take a look at what is going on in my own head, and knowing how to figure out what is going on in my friend's heads would be nice, too

I agree with the first part, but I don't agree with the second part. When you say that you would like to know what's going on in your friend's heads, what exactly do you mean?

I already have told you two meditation techniques, so the only other thing I can think of right now that would help you tap into your subconcious, would be to look at you dreams and interpret them.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:20 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I just mean that at time your friends don't know what they are really thinking or mean by their thoughts. People by nature are not entirely honest, even with themselves, especially with themselves. If my friends come to me with a problem, and are not entirely honest with me, it would be nice to be able to pick their brain a little, so that they can have someone get them to be honest with themselves and others, as that is the first step to fixing a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

YinYangSearcher, I exactly know what you mean and absolutely agree with it. But, what do you think about Bertrand Russell's quote that says: "If we were all given by magic the power to read each other's thoughts, I suppose the first effect would be to dissolve all friendships." ?

Post subject: Mind Reading
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:34 pm 
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

If only people would just tell the truth. Come out and say what they mean. We wouldn't need mind reading. We wouldn't have to try to figure out their problems with only half of the story. Everything just gets so confusing... everything in our "stable" lives just... falls to pieces...
Anyways....

Quote:
"If we were all given by magic the power to read each other's thoughts, I suppose the first effect would be to dissolve all friendships."

I think that's true. I mean if I could read some people's thoughts I'd probably discover what they really thought about me or things I've said to them and that might be a negative finding. Maybe I'll find out something about them that I didn't want to know (and probably could have lived on perfectly fine without knowing). But now since I know, I don't want to be with them anymore, I don't want to have anything to do with them. I now see them as someone manipulative and untrustworthy.
Before I found out whatever it was I discovered by reading their thoughts I probably would have stayed friends and everything would have been fine. But now since I know I want to end the friendship.

So yes, in my opinion that quote is... well... right. If we could read people's thoughts, maybe not all but probably some, of the friendships we have would be severed, would "dissolve".
That's long isn't it? opps.
Webbratz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:02 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I guess that I would have to go back to my comic book days to the words of Uncle Ben from Spider Man... "With great power, comes great responsibility" I would not use the ability to constantly second guess my friend's every word, or analyze everything that they tell me. Because that is just... wrong. But to have the ability to help out my friends... that is somehting I could use. I am typically the one that they come to with more... intimate issues. The problem is I am no proffesional by far, and I make mistakes all the time. Something like this would just help me help them and, as long as I knoew the consequences of misuse, I believe everyone would be alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:56 pm 

Wow, Now your starting to sound like me on a daily basis. It would be nice to know what was going through my friends heads for a change. I'm pretty good at reading people, but sometimes it feels like I'm beating a dead horse anyways. All my friends come to me for advice, but I have learned that even if the advice is given it might never be used, and if it is, it might be used in the wrong way. It gets tireding after awhile and frustrating. So I guess I am also looking for a way to delve into peoples minds and find out whats going on.

Tootles,
Raven :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:28 pm 
Pink Princess
Pink Princess

Raven - maybe the best way to do that would be to ask them. Talk to them. One-on-one. Maybe that's all they want... or need.

Ying-Yang Searcher - I guess it would be okay if you could read people's minds. But it may not be a good idea for everyone to have that ability.
I personally don't think I'd be able to only use those powers for only good reasons at nessesary times. I always want to know what other people truly think. I'd over use the power.

Webbratz

PS. Spider Man is awesome! :wink: LOL! But the second movie's better than the first one!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:34 pm 

Webbratz,

Code:
maybe the best way to do that would be to ask them. Talk to them. One-on-one. Maybe that's all they want... or need.

The point is not asking them, they freely tell me when they come to me for advice. But how are you supposed to help them when they don't really want to be helped, or when they don't tell you the full story? True, it's not always necessary for someone to tell you everything, but it is when you don't know if their going to use your advice to do something bad. In this respect it would be nice to pick someones mind for answers.

Heres one technique that you can try. It will take awhile to learn if you havn't done it as often as I have.

Find a spot where you know a lot of people will be roaming around and conversing with other people. The best places to go are the park, mall, or in a school. Sit away from these people and watch them for awhile. Watch how they talk, walk, what they wear, how well they keep themselves. The most important: Watch their eyes

By doing this you can learn to figure out peoples personalities. What kind of people they are like and how they will react to certain situations.

I grew up with a grandmother who continuously watched anything and everything to do with criminals. So as I grew older I became able to pin point certain signs in people that might suggest their mental state of mind. This has also been something helpfull in my life.

Another thing that I suggest. When someone is telling you their problem, or talking to you about anything in particular, put yourself in their shoes. Picture what they went through, in detail, as if you were going through it yourself.

Raven