Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:49 pm 

If i had little time to live i would give all my money to charity and spend the rest of my time doing some crazy things, and some un-crazy things like spending time with those who matter most.

Thats what i would do.What would you do(speaking hypathetically)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I would meet as many of my friends as possible and talk to them as long as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:25 am 

When i will come to know i have little time left,the first thing i would do is break my clock becuase i will not be able to enjoy that little time and will keep looking at the watch and worry [think its a natural tendency of normal human beings].Then hmmmmmm each second will have equal importance to it naturally.Then those moments i will like to share with childerns[any].Childern are unable to say anything but yet they come closest to expressing life itself.Then i will go to a hospital and tell the doctor he/she[preferably she] can have any part of my body he wants to ,I mean i will donate all a normal body can afford to.[technically some parts can only be useful when taken immediately so i will give them plenty of time]

Jas Malik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:33 am 

I would spend time with all my loved ones, and let them know how much I love them, but I wouldn't tell them that I had little time to live. Then I would write down my life and all the secrets that I have hidden from people so that they may read it later on. I would also write down my views of the world, and how I believe things should be. After this I would go and visit some of the places that had meaning in my life. I dont know what else I would do, but this is just an idea.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:45 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Ill go and have a nice nap....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:23 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I would share every emotion that I felt with every person I knew. I say that because I am a very emotionally held in person. With only a little time left to live, I would want everyone to know how I felt about them. I would also stand on the edge of the highest point I could find and look straight down, as my fear is heights. Then I would tell everyone the last thing I felt they needed to hear from me.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:05 am 

I'd get back to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:06 pm 

Lexic Dark,
In saying that you would get back to work, do you mean you would go on living life like you really weren't going to die?

Just wanted some clarification, for if that is what you mean, I would probably want to do much the same thing. I think it would be better to go on living life as if it never were going to end. I would not want to be burdened with the thought of death when life is still staring me in the face.

Any thoughts on that?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:28 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

A quote that I have repeated more than any other...
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back"
Maximus, Gladiator

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:25 am 

everyday takes us another day closer to death. so in saying what would you do if you had little time left, shouldnt we act like this for our whole lives.

you won't always know when you are going to dye so surely you should talk to your ones all the time and do all the things you would do if you knew you had little time left. like bungee jump of a cliff or something. or the charity work someone was talking about.

if we all did this, it would be less painful for when we know we are going to dye because you would have lived the life you wanted.

"live each day like there is no tomorrow"

layla,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 am 

Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening,
And live every day as if it were your last.

~Irish Proverb

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:01 pm 

I already know now that I have little time to live, and what am I doing?? Im tring to enjoy every second of my life, but unfortunately I'm enjoying just every tenth second. And why? Good question, but I would better not asking, but acting :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:20 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Semo, I'm sorry. I don't know that anyone has/will ever enjoy every second of their life, or even every other second, probably not every fifth second. It is impossible, as it is the bad times that make the good times grand. Just as my signature says, "all can know good as good only because there is evil" the nine seconds in which you are simply living life will make the tenth that much more precious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:02 am 

YinYangSearcher Yeah, I really understand you. You are right and I really love the theory of YinYang! The best thing I like about that is that there is nothing which is only white, or only black.. But sometimes (I think) I'm right too. We sometimes just walk through life and we miss many things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:01 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Semo,
I see what you mean, and I agree completely. I was actually visiting my grandfather today. Him and I sit in chairs in the middle of his back yard and just talk when I visit. He told me something today that (as always with gramps) really stuck with me. He told me "The longer you stand and look, the more you'll see" So Semo, if you ever feel like you are walking through life and missing too much, just stand and look. See what you can see. I make the same mistake all the time.