Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Forum Raffle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Howdy Folks, Phantom Delta here. Well, August is history! Since the summer is over I aim to offer a raffle here. All you have to do is post a quote and your post will be given a number. On September 20th I will get the prettiest woman that I know to pick a number or pull a winner. :roll: The winner will win a surprise.

I will be exempt from the drawing.

Post subject: Pretty woman
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:43 pm 

Nam ut mulieres esse dicuntur nonnullæ inornatæ, quas id ipsum diceat, sic hæc subtilis oratio etiam incompta delectat
(For as lack of adornment is said to become some women; so this subtle oration, though without embellishment, gives delight)
~Cicero: Orator, 23, 78.

Loveliness
Needs not the foreign aid of ornament,
But is when unadorn’d, adorn’d the most.
~James Thomson. (1700–1748)
The Seasons. Autumn. Line 204

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:31 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sometimes life is just a can of Beenie Weenies :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:36 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

posted 09-12-2002 10:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been statistically proven that 3/4 of all deer hunters make up 75% of the people who hunt deer...
--------------------

When in the woods, be sure your bow is well tuned, and your huntin' buddies are not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was recently posted under Outdoor Quotes and I thought it was just too cool 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:31 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Theno is the winner of the forum raffle. I have never held a forum raffle with only one entry (until now). Congratulations to Theno.

The prize is a photograph that I shot on the Buffalo River. There are two subjects in the frame. One is a black and white horse that is saddled. The other is perhaps the most beautiful woman that I have seen all year long. She is about 5'6" tall and weighs approximatley 120 pounds. She has short, jet black hair. Her age appears to be early 40"s. She is wearing round gold ear rings that are approximately 2" in diameter. Her smile is abolutely enchanting and her teeth are flawless. She is wearing cowboy boots, blue jeans and a sleeveless denim blouse over a tank top. Her complexion is light which accentuates her dark hair. She appears to be affluent. All in all, she is a Phantom of Delight. The frame was shot on the bank of the Buffalo River at Blue Rock Landing near Flatwoods, Tennessee. Her name is Farah and she resides in Mississippi. (I had to get her address to send her a copies of the photos). :roll:

To claim prize please email your snail mail address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:32 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I finally got the photo posted that I had promised to theno. It can be viewed at:

http://www.outdoorsite.com/igallery/ind ... 03C391BBFF