Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:18 am 

That's really funny, I can definitely tell you that this world is not your illusion, if it was illusion, it would be MY illusion. But YOU can not be sure if I'm right.
But I think that this world really exists (but I can not prove it), but the way we see it is created by our human senses. So this world is kind of illusion created by our mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:07 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

In the words of weatherstorm, who I haven't heard from in a while, "Whatever you believe is your reality". So, whatever you believe to be true about the world, that is what it is to you. So yeah semo, I can see what you mean. Pretty crazy to think about...

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:26 pm 

time is a forever going cycle of "space" as it is left if not filled up. It is like an imaginary timeline that goes on forever with blank spots when history is not recorded and large imprints when something important goes on. Time is what keeps us going and moving because if time were to stop, we would all sort of like die. I mean everything would stop one time does. The breeze would stop, the air would cese and our bodies would give in to the extent were life is not longer pissoble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:18 pm 

lvigil,
Yes, I agree with what you are saying, but you must also ask yourself: Does time really exist? Or is it just another illusion? Did we create it? Was it ever really here? If it wasn't, then time wouldn't stop. Nothing would freeze in motion. Life would just go on like it always has. What is there to say that we havn't created time in our minds?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Does time really exist? Or is it just another illusion? Did we create it?

A little from column A, a little from column B i think. It is there, but we as people have named it, defigned it, and as such have mutated it into what we percive it to be.

Quote:
But I think that this world really exists (but I can not prove it), but the way we see it is created by our human senses. So this world is kind of illusion created by our mind.

Our senses (Eyes, ears etc.) collect information (called sensation) from the 'real' world (eg. Light, sound) but not all (eg. Bees can see ultraviolet light, where we can not). Our mind takes all the information that is given to it (which is not very much, considering the amount avalible) and constructs what it thinks is there, based on this information (this is called bottom-up proccessing. Taking blocks of information and constructing something).

At the same time, the brain percives what it sees. For example, the mind might sense that there is a red shape moving toward me, a dull sound is coming from it, the air smells like petrol etc. but it would also percive that a car is coming. We percive the world from what we expect to find, and the brain will sometimes alter what we sense so as to fit our expectations and experiences (this is called Top-down processing). This is what causes many illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

of course nahwatah,.... ( I was lvigil, but i changes it to Luigi, my name) I belive that time does exist, we might have discovered it but not created it. Have you noticed that humans have not created anyhting natural since the beginning of time. It was all created by God as well as time... he created everything we see.... did we create the universe? no we did not, we discovered as well as the galaxies and the moon and all the other planets still out there waiting for us to discover them... it is just a matter of time which has been along for centuries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:28 pm 

Yes, but God did not create the material items we have designed since living here. He gave us the resources to do it, but he didn't lay down a blue print in front of us that explained how to build a building. Suppose your right and time does truly exist. Then in my eyes time is like the wind. You can feel its effect and watch its effect, but it is and invisible force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 pm 

Quote:
Does time really exist? Or is it just another illusion? Did we create it?

I believe time has to exist, we just experience it on a different level than the other three dimensions. Time cannot be something that we have programmed into our heads, as time would still continue even after our existence has ended.

Time is a Universal factor, like force, length, and velocity. They all have to relate to each other as we use them in combination everyday to give us answers. So if something like a velocity of an object is "more real" to you, then time has to be also if it has a relationship with it.