Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:14 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

I never said India wasn't demorcatic. It is however still developing (admittidly very quickly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:21 am 

sigsfried wrote:
I never said India wasn't demorcatic. It is however still developing (admittidly very quickly).

my point is abt how undemocratic america is becoming; it is trying to be the boss of the world, which i am sure will not happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:23 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

I almost agree. Then again a lot of what America is "fixing" is world Europe especially Britain messed up. Sorry but that could mean we see America in India or Pakistan if anything flares uup again. However there is little or no oil there so you should be safe.

Certainly more countries need to stand up to America. Maybe the EU constitution will help Europe join together with this in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 am 

u r right, a few yrs ago when i was in college i felt that i was deprived becoz of being born in India ( i was jealous of guys in the US & UK) now I am very happy to be here... even though the facilities r not so great, atleast we have a free conscience... i hope that Tony Blair will get back to his senses and perform his duties as a PM of one of the important nations and not as a stooge for Bush...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:24 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Quote:
i hope that Tony Blair will get back to his senses and perform his duties as a PM of one of the important nations

The UK isn't that powerful. Unless Europe unites we have little chance of anyone being able to stand up to America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:36 am 

every country is powerful; its jus that we shld realise our potential and stand up to the problems. u know what there is a saying in tamil (that's my mother tongue) which says that only as long as u run the dog will chase u; if u stood and take a stone to throw at it, it will go away! what the US (Bush) needs at this point is for some countries to stand up and say no to its policies.... not jus keep following them blindly stating that we dont have enough power to stand up and face the US. they r afterall another country jus like any other one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:28 pm 

What America needs is a good leader. (There have been very very few.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:13 pm 

RhyanonSorenson wrote:
What America needs is a good leader. (There have been very very few.)

heey i like bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:19 pm 

I think he's an idiot.

I agree with pretty much everything kavitha and sigsfried have said. And before you ask, I'm American. I am proud to be American. But there are things about this country that are absolutely ridiculous. I have lived in Europe, and have had a taste of the european opinion, and a lot of the time, it's right. But whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:56 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I have to agree with most of you guys to a certain extent. Boo, Bush can be an idiot at times. But at the same time I think he is on the right track to what our country needs as a leader. Just to clarify who I am and the perspectiuve from which I speak, I am American born and raised. I love this country with all my heart, and stand by any and every decision it's leaders make, whether I like them or not. When I first began watching this forum I must admit I was a little enraged to see comments posted against the country I love so much. But I also must admit that some of what you guys have been saying is true. America has become a police force to the world. I, however, think the world needs it. Unfourtunately, I think America isn't doing it right. In my opinion, what ever it may be worth, I feel that if we got a redneck, American, partiotic good 'ol boy who believed in the old ways of doing things, such as hanging serial killers, actually punishing criminals, and not standing for crooked politicians, we would be a lot better off. I also think that if your countries (India, Britan etc.) Did make a (peaceful, Political) stand against what you think is wrong that America is doing, there would be less complaining about America. It is a great country, even with it's problems, manjy of which are common among aother countries. Anyhow, that's my piece.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.