Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Bible 'blunders'?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:17 am 

Here is something else foe you to ponder Phix...
these quotes are taken from the New American Bible which is translated from the KJV. Gen.Ch.1 V3 "God created light...He saw that it was good, He seperated light from dark & called the light day & the dark night.This was the 1st. day." so far so good. V.6 He created the sky on the second day by creating a dome (the sky) thus seperating a body of water on the top from the body of water underneath it. In V.9 He made the waters go into one basin called the sea & the land then appeared & He called it "the Earth". In V.11 it gets very interesting because He brings forth every kind of plant that bears sead & every kind of tree that bears fruit with it's seed in it."And so it happened". What's so interesting about every kind of plant and fruit tree growing in the earth bearing fruit and seed??? He hasn't made the sun yet something that's absolutely necessary for photo syntheses to occur,this is the 3rd day & the sun doesn't show up untill the 4th day!! So it also begs the question what was that light on the first day? where did it come from if there is no sun or moon until the 4th day??? Also on the 6th day He created all the animals that walk and creep upon the earth including man and woman and he comanded them to go forth and multiply and have dominion over every thing that flys walks crawls and swims on the planet. He also gave them EVERY plant and FRUIT tree to eat nothing about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That particular tree didn't happpen until the 2nd story of creation.How do you have 'days' and 'mornings', three of them, if there is no sun or moon to determin the days?
Now I may only be a lowly plumber but I often work with my hand in the soil, so I have a slight understanding of the order of things and I'm afraid this 'story' defies the order of things.
Kanakaken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

kanakaken I applaud you and I am happy to see you find things. All of youwho can think and use their minds this way I would like to keep in touch with. Some already know this but I am writing a book as we speak on these sorts of things to show that the Bible is written from man's perspective and should not be taken as the devine word of God. I explain God as a design, The grand organizing design and also that Christ is a state of conscious awareness in you. I want to bring these things to all mankund to put us on the path to peace. I believe that it can be done with greater awareness and I may need help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:13 pm 
QuoteSage
QuoteSage

Phix wrote:
...the Bible is written from man's perspective and should not be taken as the devine word of God. I explain God as a design, The grand organizing design and also that Christ is a state of conscious awareness in you. I want to bring these things to all mankund to put us on the path to peace....

Disclaiming someone else's views on God does not bring peace. Telling people that if they thought as God like you do, will not bring peace. It is true people only hear what they want to hear, so why do you think that what you are trying is a new method?

Disputing another's relegion will only bring war. That is what history has told us, and that is what is occuring now as we speak.

You yourself have become impatient, and beliegerent while trying to expalin your methods to those that do not understand or balk at your ideas. How are you capable of leading others in your own preachings if you yourself connot even follow?

Peace is not something that can be read about and then followed out. It is best learned through example.

How could I ever become a forgiving human being if my parents had practiced hate and neglect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:21 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Disclaiming someone else's views on God does not bring peace. Telling people that if they thought as God like you do, will not bring peace. It is true people only hear what they want to hear, so why do you think that what you are trying is a new method?

Disputing another's relegion will only bring war. That is what history has told us, and that is what is occuring now as we speak.

You yourself have become impatient, and beliegerent while trying to expalin your methods to those that do not understand or balk at your ideas. How are you capable of leading others in your own preachings if you yourself connot even follow?

Peace is not something that can be read about and then followed out. It is best learned through example.

How could I ever become a forgiving human being if my parents had practiced hate and neglect?
Come on Halliberry, I thought we had moved beyond this. I understand that some of what I say may not make sense to you but it is not based on my opinion. If you do your own homework you will see that. If you ask me some specific questions i will be happy to explain how I arrived at my conclusion. As of now, you're the only one trying to come here and pick a fight, with me. I am not God, I am a human being with emotions and feelings just like you. Because someone is serious about the truth or revealing the true nature of God does not mean he can't become emotional or passionate about the subject. As I said, you wont see the value of an answer if you don't know the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:

Again no one disclaimed or disputed anything we were just pointing out things in the Bible that are obvious to anyone who pays attention. I should warn you Halliberry, attempting to defend blind faith will only make you look like a fool in the light of truth. Make sure you are clear about what side you are defending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 pm 
QuoteSage
QuoteSage

I'm not disputing that things are recorded wrong, I'm disputing your attempted path to peace. What you have to say isn't too bad (for most of us it's just using your common sense, which you seem to think we all lack), it's the way you go about bringing it across. (You be-little those that can't or choose not to grasp onto your ideas.) Your not the only man that has tried to save the world with such passion, by rallying the multitudes. If that was all it took, why hasn't it happened yet? (Maybe things are pre-destined to play out as they should.) But, if you want to try, I won't stop you. We learn by our experiences.

Good Luck.

PS My faith isn't blind. I have a guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:46 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
(for most of us it's just using your common sense, which you seem to think we all lack)
See, this is both an assumption and an insult. Why would you think this? And why would you want others to believe it as well? That is counter productive.

Quote:
(You be-little those that can't or choose not to grasp onto your ideas.)
No, but many times yourself and some others accuse me saying things that I did not say and from that they then insult me. Recently I have said " Read carefully before you respond" I get tired of saying the same things over...and over.... and over everytime someone new joins the form. Ask for clarity if you don't understand something I say, don't pick a fight. That too is counter productive.
Quote:
our not the only man that has tried to save the world with such passion, by rallying the multitudes. If that was all it took, why hasn't it happened yet? (Maybe
See, this is what I am saying. You don't understand what I am doing. It does take more than that. The first thing I am doing is raising awareness. All of these different cultural and personal definitions for the same word is destroying effective communication for us all. I didn't realize that it was so bad until I started posting here.
Quote:
(Maybe things are pre-destined to play out as they should.)
How can you say that what I am doing is not a part of the predetermined plan? You sometimes sound like you are against anyone who may be willing to sacrafice for mankind and submit to God's will. Who are you really? What is your realationship with Satan? Do you know him?
Quote:
But, if you want to try, I won't stop you. We learn by our experiences.
Are you not trying to stop me now? What have you learned from experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:07 pm 
QuoteSage
QuoteSage

What I mean about predestined is you do have a role here on earth but your not Jesus (you can't save mankind) and your works can only be the works of a man. Pleading before men and asking them to see their folly is works done in vain. They have chosen their path, and that's what life is, a choice of how to live it. Having a higher intellect will not get you in good with God. Choosing between right and wrong will.

If you want to help people, than I say help those that need it and ask of it. Have you tried volunteering to charity, help those that have lost homes, jobs, ect. (The tsunami is perfect example of lending a hand to those that need it.) Lead by example. If a brother is to help a brother, than do it and quit talking about it.

I'm tired of you taking my words and twisting them to your benefit.

So, very well Phix, if you think I work for Satan and all I want to do is tear mankind down. You shall hear no more from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
What I mean about predestined is you do have a role here on earth but your not Jesus (you can't save mankind) and your works can only be the works of a man.
You sound like Satan in " The Passion" What do you think that Jesus was? He was a man. The thing that made he unique was his awareness. Did
Jesus save the world, or did Jesus teach us how to save ourselves? You are supposed to follow Jesus and believe in God. You know what someone believes by what they do not what they say.
You can't just say " I believe in Jesus" and thats it. You approach it all like a fairytale that bothers me. Do your homework before you make these charges against me.
Quote:
Pleading before men and asking them to see their folly is works done in vain.
Whatever man. If I see a mistake I am going to point it out and I would appreciate it if someone would do the same for me. I wise man loves instruction only a fool hates to be corrected.
Quote:
They have chosen their path, and that's what life is, a choice of how to live it.
Everybody is searching or at least most people are. What is wrong with you? How can you be so naive?
Quote:
Having a higher intellect will not get you in good with God. Choosing between right and wrong will.

Again, I can only write the words you have to read them and I have covered this. I said greater awareness not intellect. Those are not the same things in reality but maybe they are in your mind. read your dictionary. Right and wrong, I agree. Know God's will. Study cause and effect. Why can't you see? Is there something wrong with you?
Quote:
If you want to help people, than I say help those that need it and ask of it.
I have been engaged in very enlightening conversations with others, then you come in, without full understanding and attack what I am saying. You even did it with the zodiac. You're free to join but find out whats going on first. I wouldn't say that I want to help people as much as I would like for them to help themselves. I want to help mankind, thats true, by destroying any lie that I can.
Quote:
Have you tried volunteering to charity, help those that have lost homes, jobs, ect. (The tsunami is perfect example of lending a hand to those that need it.) Lead by example. If a brother is to help a brother, than do it and quit talking about it.
I told you I am writing a book. I believe that one shold use his gifts and talents to make a contribution.
Quote:
I'm tired of you taking my words and twisting them to your benefit.

Man, I think that you may need an attitude adjustment. How does your husband feel about it, if he even exists. You are probably about 15 - 16 years old.
Quote:
So, very well Phix, if you think I work for Satan and all I want to do is tear mankind down. You shall hear no more from me.
Hey that is completely up to you. I have no animosity against you. I just wonder what is really going on iside of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Come now people, lets take chill pills on both sides. I stopped following this post for a while, and its turned into a full blown war.

I think you both need to consider what your saying. Phix, you seem to be insulting halliberrys intelligence a little too often, especially in the later posts.

Quote:
You are probably about 15 - 16 years old.

Steady on. Young or not, people are of different maturity levels. Ive met 15 or 16 year olds who are more aware of whats happening then most adults.

Quote:
Is there something wrong with you?

No need to get insulting. It could be frustrating, but no need to get out of control.

Halliberry, i can also see where Phix is coming from, however. Your kinda telling him that hes completely wrong in what hes doing. That may be your opinion, and you may be trying to warn him, but he feels hes on the right path.

Now that im caught right in the middle of this brilliant battle, im expecting a barage from both sides. Please, feel free to do so, and i will back up the points ive presented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:12 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

By saying that she may be 15 - 16 yrs old, I didn't mean that as an insult. I am curious to know just by her low temperment. Again, by asking if something is wrong, I really want to know if something else is troubling her. I don't believe that she would get this upset just by my words.
Quote:
That may be your opinion, and you may be trying to warn him, but he feels hes on the right path.

I am just in search of the truth, thats all. Has the truth become so foreign that no one can recognize it. What has happened to the world?

Nemesis, you could have done better than that. You and Sigsfried should know my position better than anyone. Just yesterday you said that you were loyal. Gemini!!! Shame on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Im not saying that your wrong, just that you were beggining to get toward being insulting rather then teaching. If you feel someone doesnt quite understand what your saying, try coming from a different perspective rather then becoming frustrated. I know i didnt get where you were coming from until you did that.

Quote:
Just yesterday you said that you were loyal.

Ahhhh... but how can i be loyal to both people at the same time? And saying that perhaps you should ease up a bit isnt being disloyal.

Quote:
Has the truth become so foreign that no one can recognize it.

Or want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:12 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Here I am being sceptical again.
Why do we trust what is written in the Bible when we know it has been used to control people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Its easier for people to accept what theve followed for so long rather then question it.

And its really the religious groups, through the bible, that are controlling people. Not really the book itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:25 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Yes I know the bible isn't directly controlling people.
However there is so much of the bibles content that is damaged in translation even if it was true a lot will have been lost.

This lack of questioning is very damaging. I agree the bible is valuable but when we have to choose between science or religon in an area religon has only occupied by default, e.g. creation stories, I think it is sad many people choose to believe the Bible.