Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
What distinguishes a boy from a man?

Maturity. Understanding. Responsibility.

Quote:
I don't want to ruin it for you. You will find out on your own but, I'll give you a hint. The Bible is a book on human nature and basic nature does not change.

lol. Ive had enough pitfalls from women to understand, yet ive also had enough uplifts by them. Ive got much more to come, im sure, of both categories, yet im not bittered by any experience uve had with a women, be them good or bad. Both have taught me things about myself and about them, and without these experiences i would have been lost.

It depends on how basic the basic nature of humans is. I think they have changed though. On a majority we require and wish to aquire different things then what we once did.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont just call me pesimist, try and read between the lines.

Post subject: the bible
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yeah, and in the bible it says something like blessed is the man who doesn't hang out with the whicked. But who's to say who's wicked. How does the bible define whicked? I don't get it. This book was written thousands of years ago and I'm pretty sure people were a lot different back then. You see, you've got human nature in one hand and survival in the other, and then self esteem in the third. And a man's gotta hang out with the people he's gotta hang out with. And back then, I'm sure that a whicked person was pretty far out. Or perhaps a little crazy. And I've met a lot of whicked people who claim they believe in god but does that mean they believe in the bible? Or even read the thing? And just cause one believes in god, does that mean their going to heaven? Hello! Anyone?Can I just announce I belive in god and automatically get a free pass to heaven. That's what it seems like when people run thier mouth about god. It's like some of them are lost, looking for answers, and succumb to the lord almighty. Then they talk to him at night alone. I don't get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Why do people find comfort in religion? Is it because after death they 'know' they will be looked after, and be given all theve wanted? Does faith give comfort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

To rainingtwain, I can help answer and explain any question you have. Some of which I already have in my discussions with Sigsfried and Nemesis. Go back and read some of those post and ask a specific question and I will be happy to answer them.
Quote:
Why do people find comfort in religion? Is it because after death they 'know' they will be looked after, and be given all theve wanted? Does faith give comfort?
Like I said, no one knows enough about consciousness, life or death to be completely confident about that, not even the Bible is clear on it. This I will say, Christ was not Jesus' last name it is a level of consciousness that he attained, as can you or I. The fully matured self is Christ and has one become a shining example of God's will making him the Sun of God. This all is to take place while you live and is what my book is about. Christ is in you and once we reach this point we can work together to build the Kingdom of Heaven through our obedience to God. Read that carefully before you respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

*Reading and rereading carefully*

Quote:
it is a level of consciousness that he attained, as can you or I.

So you feel that if we accertain a high enough level of consciousness that we could become like Jesus.

Quote:
The fully matured self is Christ and has one become a shining example of God's will making him the Sun of God.

Didnt quite get this bit.

The problem is, i dont get comfort through awarness. If i were to seek a religion, it would be to the end of making myself secure with .... errr.... myself. Not too mention the 100 percent awarness thing. Thats gotta take a lot of effort and understanding. You would have to gain the ability to control your subconcious, wouldnt you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:24 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
So you feel that if we accertain a high enough level of consciousness that we could become like Jesus.
Absolutely 100% Jesus said this himself. He says that Chirst is in you. Others would come after him and do greater works than his own. Also we must remember that Jesus was illiterate and could not read or write so he wasn't all knowing but he was fully aware of God and lived in complete submission to his will. This is not as difficult as one would think. People don't try because of this lie. Jesus was an example and Christ is the ideal. Look these words up. Do you people not have a dictionary? Look up _
1] Awareness
2] Christ
3] Consciousness

Then tell me what you think.

Quote:
he problem is, i dont get comfort through awarness. If i were to seek a religion, it would be to the end of making myself secure with .... errr.... myself. Not too mention the 100 percent awarness thing. Thats gotta take a lot of effort and understanding. You would have to gain the ability to control your subconcious, wouldnt you?
Look man, forget about religion. That isn't what I am about here. Just consider for a moment what it means to be a human being and what one needs to do between birth and death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:10 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
what one needs to do between birth and death.

Live.

I havnt looked up those meanings yet. Will have a gander soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

No, Life is what you have been given. The experience between birth and death. I mean what do you do with this span of time through your own freewill? What you choose to do. If you say live then essentially you choose nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:25 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

An interesting view Phix.

Quote:
Like I said, no one knows enough about consciousness, life or death to be completely confident about that

This is true but everyone draws the line of what they are willing to accept as proof. As we can never be sure the universe exists what chance do we have of proving anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
This is true but everyone draws the line of what they are willing to accept as proof. As we can never be sure the universe exists what chance do we have of proving anything else.
If by that you mean the potential of a simulation then no, we can't be sure. But we can be certain that it seems to be as we experience somthing thrugh our perception. Life after death is strictly heresay. It's almost like String theory, we can't test it to prove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:33 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

To what degree can we trust our perception after all we know times when it is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Multiple party perception can assist with that. If everyone has the amount of self discipline to fight self deception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:47 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Fight self deception?
But how when you don't realise you are being decieved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

If you don't realize it, you are loosing the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:02 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Am I right in thinking Phix that you always maintain that religion and science used to be the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next