Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
If you can't see the hills its raining if you can see the hills its going to rain.
Who wrote this and what is it's meaning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:58 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Its a Yorkshire saying I am trying to find a source for it.
Tells you something about yorkshire I think. An area famous for its weather. It supports the tourism by making everyone go to foreign countries to try to get more than half an hours sunshine a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sogsfried I had a disturbing conversation yesterday about the state of affairs between men and women. I hope that it is just an American problem because if it is globally, as bad as it is here in America, we are headed for the end of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:59 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Do tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Because the presence of the father is so diminished within the household it seems that children grow up with very distorted values.

For a daughter it seems that there is no true understanding of what a man is and so she defines one by his social status. ( Celebrity )

For the son, in an environment dominated by women, he comes to believe the same thing. Beyond this, he accepts the interest and the agenda of women as superior to his own. He has no knowledge of his duty as a man and his mother cannot tell him because it is not something that she can understand.

From the female perspective, a man is a provider. This is true but this is not all that is required, nor is it the primary function.

The young men grow up and learn behaviors that put them in jepordy both physically and spiritually in order to provide for women. I think this is sinister and a crime against humanity. The Destruction of young boys for the financial benefit of young girls.

The father is most necessary in the development of a healthy human adult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:33 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

This is probably worthy of a sepearate post but:
I think what you say is based on too many assumptions and te conclusion seems increadbly shaky however if it is wrong it will do a great deal of damage whilst there still are men in may be worth noting that the male gene evovled as a cheat on the biological system of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
This is probably worthy of a sepearate post but:
I think what you say is based on too many assumptions and te conclusion seems increadbly shaky however if it is wrong it will do a great deal of damage whilst there still are men in may be worth noting that the male gene evovled as a cheat on the biological system of the time.
Before I respond I will give you an opportunity to either expand on or clarify your position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:37 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Quote:
I think what you say is based on too many assumptions

Here are what I see as your major assumptions:
Quote:
she defines one by his social status

Why choose this?

Quote:
he accepts the interest and the agenda of women as superior to his own

A tad unlikly I think.

Shakey conclusion:
Quote:
The young men grow up and learn behaviors that put them in jepordy both physically and spiritually in order to provide for women

Where do they learn this role from if they see no father providing for their mother?

Quote:
in may be worth noting that the male gene evovled as a cheat on the biological system of the time.

Orginally there were only female cells. The female gamete is closest to that of a single celled organism.
The cells grow giving them a better chance of surivival.
The cheat evovles small so when it combines with the evericreasing in size gamete it still forms a new 'child'
The evolution conctinues as the cheat gets smaller and becomes more mobile (sperm) and the sucker becomes larger (the egg)
Fortunatly this stabalised due to sperm becoming useless in a high sperm environment this is one case when the cheat can allow both variants to survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

First off, I don't mean everyone, only those who have this problem.
Quote:
Quote:

she defines one by his social status
Why choose this?
It comes from the princess fairytale. Each daughter is programmed by the family to be a little princess. To become that in adulthood she must find a prince or a king. In our society that is determined by our social standing, our wealth, and our popularity. Our status.
Quote:
Quote:

he accepts the interest and the agenda of women as superior to his own
A tad unlikly I think.

Oh no bro, it happens all the time because of the illusions of our mothers. Without the father the sons go beyond mother love to mother worship. This transfers over to their view of women as adults. Tet wear earrings like mom, they want to shop like mom, they respond emotionally like mom, they lack the proper amount of discipline for manhood, they worship the world and world values like women. A man needs to be universal but a woman does not have to be.
Quote:
Shakey conclusion:
Quote:

The young men grow up and learn behaviors that put them in jepordy both physically and spiritually in order to provide for women
Where do they learn this role from if they see no father providing for their mother?

In America entertainment is a big thing and they learn these self destructive behaviors from that.
Quote:
Orginally there were only female cells. The female gamete is closest to that of a single celled organism.
The cells grow giving them a better chance of surivival.
The cheat evovles small so when it combines with the evericreasing in size gamete it still forms a new 'child'
The evolution conctinues as the cheat gets smaller and becomes more mobile (sperm) and the sucker becomes larger (the egg)
Fortunatly this stabalised due to sperm becoming useless in a high sperm environment this is one case when the cheat can allow both variants to survive.
Thats very interesting I would like to research it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

What you say seems reasonable but of the people I know in this position none of them act in the way you describe many of the boys having gone in te opposite direction to the one you describe. Similarly the girls I know in this position are the ones that strive hardest for independance again going in the opposite direction to the one you have stated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
What you say seems reasonable but of the people I know in this position none of them act in the way you describe many of the boys having gone in te opposite direction to the one you describe. Similarly the girls I know in this position are the ones that strive hardest for independance again going in the opposite direction to the one you have stated.
Nah, thats impossible. It has to be an illusion created by some hidden variable. The man does not have to be the biological father but it has to be a man. You mat be deceived by a fantasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
You seem to be very educated but you seem to be unable to understand simple things that I say.

I think he understood them, Phix, he just didnt agree with them.

I hate it when i miss a post this big, cos you have to read all the responses so you dont reapeat anything.

Quote:
Nah, thats impossible.

Quote:
It has to be an illusion created by some hidden variable.

Careful its not the other way round for you here Phix.

Anyways, on the new topic, i cant say much. I dont really have any examples at the moment in which a male child has been raised completely independant of a male role model. Ill keep up to date and see whether i can add some comments here or there.

---------------------------------------------------------
"Ive been wallowing in my own chaotic dillusions"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Careful its not the other way round for you here Phix.

I am careful. One of the steps to becoming a man is being able to recognize the true nature of a woman. Boys and men see women in two completely different ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:11 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Boys and men see women in two completely different ways.

True, but then men and boys see a great many things differently.

Quote:
true nature of a woman.

What do you feel this is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
rue, but then men and boys see a great many things differently.
What distinguishes a boy from a man?
Quote:
What do you feel this is?
I don't want to ruin it for you. You will find out on your own but, I'll give you a hint. The Bible is a book on human nature and basic nature does not change.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next