Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:52 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

O.K. I did some reasearch and while there are some similarities between those near together there is still a marked diffrence over a short period of time.

If there is any turth in the zodiac we would expect to see people with certain star signs dominating some jobs (Those where people with certain skills are at a clear adavantage) Can you find any examples of this?

Also you claimed to need the exact date for Halliberry to give an accurate character description if there is only a slight change then you would be too much at the mercy of natural variation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:02 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Also you claimed to need the exact date for Halliberry to give an accurate character description if there is only a slight change then you would be too much at the mercy of natural variation.
First off, let me say once again that I am not an astrologer so you can't judge it's value or worth based on what I do, I simply find it interesting. Please remember this fact.

Quote:
If there is any turth in the zodiac we would expect to see people with certain star signs dominating some jobs (Those where people with certain skills are at a clear adavantage) Can you find any examples of this?

This is the case if you look closely. You must also consider environmental obstacles that may act as a barrier to some. The zodiac deals with nature but nature can be unsuccessful without the proper nuture.
Quote:
O.K. I did some reasearch and while there are some similarities between those near together there is still a marked diffrence over a short period of time.

I don't understand what you mean here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:06 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Quote:
This is the case if you look closely

Can I have an example please?

Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand what you mean here?

The stars signs next to oneanother have some similarities some of the time but there is still a fairly large diffrence between them,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Can I have an example please?

For instance Virgo, which is my sign, is very analytical with an eye for detail. Until i am true to myself this may not be obvious to see but if I am honest with integrity, it becomes apparant. I share this sogn with H.G.Wells (Time Machine), Gene Kelly, Michael Jackson, Cameron Diaz, Stephen King, and some others. Each of these people have different professions but will excelle in anything that requires an analytical mind for dissecting each thing into smaller parts to understand it. Dancing, acting, writing, scientific research and study. I wouldn't be surprized to find many scientist under this sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:23 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Are but anybody can find some examples of famous people I want is significantly more than 1/12th of a job to be one sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Are but anybody can find some examples of famous people I want is significantly more than 1/12th of a job to be one sign.
Again, this is not my primary interest of study and I have had no reason to invest significant time to that kind of detailed research. I'm sure a person highly qualified in this area could give you those kinds of numbers. I have seen enough on my own to be convinced of some zodiac influence on behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:47 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

What I have found so far (so far no postivie results)

Quote:
Astrology is not a science and there is no proof that it works. In fact there is no evidence to suppose that astrology has led to any useful discoveries about our universe.

from the BBC

Quote:
There is therefore no evidence to suggest the zodiac has any effect on any job...

National Statistics Office (UK)

I will keep looking but can't find anything to support your case Phix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Listen my friend, my cyber friend. If the truth matters to you at all, you must learn to hunt for it yourself. By that I mean you must remove the veil of area of study like (Religion, science, psychology, philosophy, history, etc) You must realize that there are only two typres of information, truthful and deceptive. Subject of study is irrelevant and will limit your findings. All of my claims are based on my own work. Some of which can be confirmed in other published works but some are original ideas made from unobvious connections that I have made. You can't rely on the work of others to give you your voice. Get out and go find things for yourself so that you can contribute to the full body of knowledge and not just repeat what you have read or heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:01 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Why should I distrust others? If they have no reason to lie why should I not believe them?
Similarly if they have done a study invovling thousands why should I think my study of 50 people will be better. If we have to redo everything already done society would be unable to progress as science could not get behond the most basic priciples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Why should I distrust others? If they have no reason to lie why should I not believe them?
Similarly if they have done a study invovling thousands why should I think my study of 50 people will be better. If we have to redo everything already done society would be unable to progress as science could not get behond the most basic priciples.
Why do you complicate everything I say. I wonder about you sometimes. I'm just saying check things out before you accept it as a belief and defend it. Thats no different from blind faith. Others may have a reason to lie that you don't know about so be skeptical about all information especially any narrative or text. As you get older you will understand me better.

By the way, have you read the excerpt that I sent you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:26 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Yes. I just have the problem that you have assumed the existance of a benevalent God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Yes. I just have the problem that you have assumed the existance of a benevalent God.
See, this is not an original statement and it is not my claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:30 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

What you say may work for the church and clergy but not for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:37 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

No your philosphy did not strike me as a chrisitan phiolosphy if it is it is a diffrent matter. However unless it is a direct result from a main religion you should give some evidience for the existance of God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:40 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I did give evidence by explaining the nature of design. You didn't read it, otherwise you would have known this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next