Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:47 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

No you assume there is a God you then say if there was a God he would inspire us.
Therefore as we see people ibsiped there is a God. It ignores the possibility there is no God and inspiration can be explained (potentially at least) with science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
No you assume there is a God you then say if there was a God he would inspire us.
Therefore as we see people ibsiped there is a God. It ignores the possibility there is no God and inspiration can be explained (potentially at least) with science.
No I explain inspiration as evidence of a design. I suggest that God is the original design, the grand organizing design, G.O.D. This has nothing to do with benevolence or personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:02 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

O.K. I'm sure we will have had this before but do you mean G.O.D. is the original deign of the universe. If so when is it meant to be. Have we reached that design or must we wait longer? Or is it some universal deign of the universe from begginning to end (removing any hope of free will)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:13 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

For the last time__
Quote:
do you mean G.O.D. is the original deign of the universe
Yes.
Quote:
If so when is it meant to be. Have we reached that design or must we wait longer?
Not wait but work longer. I don't know what the final result will be but we can't effectively do our part untill we establish heaven on earth, peace. This will be the beginning for us, not the end.
Quote:
is it some universal deign of the universe from begginning to end (removing any hope of free will)?
I told you that God's will is experienced as cause and effect. Freewill is volition (The power to choose). Once you choose, cause and effect will determine the consequence but, you still choose. You have freewill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:42 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

At what point do we have this choice? Basically when does determinism break down?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You gotta think some if you want to understand these post. I already explained it. Cause and effect - Frewill. 2 different things occuring at 2 different times. Ask the professior who taught you to explain it. It is with them that your confidence lies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:45 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

You have to remeber I don't actually accept that there is Free Will. To my way of thinking the universe is sufficently deterministic to predict human actions if enough information is known.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
You have to remeber I don't actually accept that there is Free Will. To my way of thinking the universe is sufficently deterministic to predict human actions if enough information is known.
You may be right about that. I actually feel this is a strong possibility because even with free will as I described it, it is still based on past information and experiences that collectively influence one's choice. Keep me posted about anything you find pertaining to this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10