Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Thinking TOO Much
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:23 pm 
QuoteSage
QuoteSage

Sometimes people (Including myself) think too much. Does anyone else feel this way?

We all lay around pondering and questioning, and before you know it, a whole day has gone by. This is good to do some of the time, but all of the time just makes you miss out on the other things life has to offer.

When was the last time you went out for a walk and took a breath of fresh air? To see the colors, sights, smells, and everything else there is?

That sounds good, I think I'll go take my dog for a walk right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You can never think too much but if you don't add new experiences you wont draw any new conclusions. You should always be doing both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:06 am 

No one has ever had anything more important to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:28 pm 

One of my most favorite people in the entire existence of mankind, John Lennon, once said "Life is what's happening while we're busy making other plans." While this is a quasi-true statement you must realize that thinking shouldn't always be viewed specificly as what you ponder. It is also your level of conciousness. Meaning you must constanly be thinking because you are always on a level of conciousness but you need not constantly ponder. So even when you aren't busy making other plans you must be thinking and at the same time you are free of pondering. Pondering is the making other plans part. You can never think too much but you can greatly over-ponder many things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:35 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

QuotationFanatic, I like your style. You seem to display a degree of wisdom uncommon to most others. Seek out some of my other quotes and statements, I would like to hear your response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:49 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

No individual thinks alot.. It is human to think over and over again. Life is like a play and we practice our parts by thinking about them so as to improve our proformance.... I sometimes go out to the woods and think what i have done through the week, and what i should not have done or done and make sure i rectify the mistake i made last time and not make it next time, So i suppose it is normal to think more on different aspects of our life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This is true but I don't believe that everyone does this. I think it is true for self confident people but others let culture and family traditions think for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:11 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Phix what are we if not the result of our culuture and our genes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Phix what are we if not the result of our culuture and our genes?
Indeed, we are influenced by both but we must be aware of them both. The genes give us our natural strengths and weakness. It is part of our divine design. Geing true to yourself is being true to this. Culture and tradition on the other hand tell us what others believe we ought to be. It is based on alot of misperception and cause conflict with one's genetic code. The genes are how God made us, the culture is how man wants to remake us. Go with the genetics and ignore the culture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Seriously Phix? Our genes tell us what our bodies are an have some impact on our brain but to let them have total control would be dangerous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Our genes do more than that. They also help us define our interest and give us direction. One my find things in culture to compliment that. The gene is a part of our basic design if not the design itself. Still we have freewill and volition to make choices but we can display better judgment if we know what are influences are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:16 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Yes but our genes are increadably selfish people don't need any more encouragement to act in a selfish manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:25 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Explain you point on selfish please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:44 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

When things evovle the best genes are the ones that care about the self. NOT about the group genetically speaking it is only the % of the species that is needed to be suceesful not the numbers. Therefore our genes will not get us to do anything that is of benift to others unless it is of direct benifit to us aswell. And will let us do something that damages others even if it damages us provided it damages others more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:58 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
When things evovle the best genes are the ones that care about the self. NOT about the group genetically speaking it is only the % of the species that is needed to be suceesful not the numbers. Therefore our genes will not get us to do anything that is of benift to others unless it is of direct benifit to us aswell. And will let us do something that damages others even if it damages us provided it damages others more.
I see. Lets think about a single family ( Father, Mother, sister and brother ) Assume you are the brother. If there is a limited amount of food in the house you can increase your chances of survival by killing your family. Conversely, if through effective communication each member can be put on the same page they can work together, go out and either shop or hunt for more food. If they are against one another thinking independantly, they could very well all kill each other with the food stilll left for someone outside of the family. This same philosophy can be applied to the human family itself. Cooperation will always win over competition and produce greater results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next