It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:10 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
One must destroy, in order to create.
This is not true. One must destroy to improve and perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:23 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Phix, I apologize. I suppose I left my statement with little explanation. My statement was based soley on the Christian faith, which I was raised in. I have learned throughout the Bible that it was creativity that drew us from God. It was creativity of the serpent satan which woed Eve to eat the forbiden fruit. It was the creativity of man to explore the depths of sin that lead to the great flood. It is now the creativity of science which seems to be the most prodominant in leading people from God. It was the creativity of Darwin that caused his theory to become common belief.

I reffered to creativity as perplexing because it IS destruction. There can be nothing without creativity. It was the creativity of God the brought us from the Earth, and it is that same creativity, be it through God or man, that lay us down once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
t was creativity of the serpent satan which woed Eve to eat the forbiden fruit. It was the creativity of man to explore the depths of sin that lead to the great flood.
It was the craftiness of the serpent not creativity. Pick up your dictionary, words have specific meanings for a reason.

Crafty = adept in the use of subtlety and cunning b : marked by subtlety and guile <a crafty scheme>

Create = to bring into existence <God created the heaven and the earth
Until you people stop making up your own definitions for words you will never know anything. Use your dictionary to be clear, I hate when people do this. The truth in your face but you can't see it because you misinterpret the language. Thats your fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:13 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Despite which...
If we are to accept the Bible (which I have said before is highly irrational)
The devil tricked Eve into eating the apple. This probably invovled lieing which is making things up which requires creativity.

Anyway why should we accept that what happens in the bible is true. It is inconistant in places meaning that it is not all true. Therefore as we know some is flawed even if it was written by people who had heard God (not just people who wanted the benifts writing it would bring) then they did not record directly Gods ideas either that of course or God lied to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Creativity is to bring something into existence. Lies do not exist, therefore they can't be seen as creativity. Creativity must become a part of reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:25 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Quote:
Lies do not exist

They do exist but not as material objects they exist as ideas. Nature knows about lies and we evovled in a way predisposing us to lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
They do exist but not as material objects they exist as ideas. Nature knows about lies and we evovled in a way predisposing us to lie.
Nonsense. We are not predisposed to lie, that is mental and spiritual illness. Ok true a lie does exist but what the lie suggest, does not. Lies distorts one's view of reality. where do you get this foolishness from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:36 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

We eloved in a way disposing us to lie because... Actually the following logic only applies to men so if it were on the Y chromosone it may not effect women.

When we were evolving we hunted however as we were considerably weaker than other animals we had to work as a group. Even so our only advantage was our intelligence as that evolved we became conscious However long before (most scientists agree) we became consciously aware of ourselves we were communicating to coordinate attacks say on the wolly mamoth we were hunting. To have any chance we disgused our voices as birds and small animals. Thus before we were conscious we were already hiding our true nature. This is only a small step to lieing which can again be shown to have evolutionary advantages again only for males.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:51 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
When we were evolving we hunted however as we were considerably weaker than other animals we had to work as a group. Even so our only advantage was our intelligence as that evolved we became conscious However long before (most scientists agree) we became consciously aware of ourselves we were communicating to coordinate attacks say on the wolly mamoth we were hunting. To have any chance we disgused our voices as birds and small animals. Thus before we were conscious we were already hiding our true nature. This is only a small step to lieing which can again be shown to have evolutionary advantages again only for males.
This is a hunting advantage, i agree but total evolution happens with greater knowledge of self. I don't use primitive man as he a role model for myself. He should use me as a role model for himself as I am more advanced than he is. My choices are better than his are. I understand more. In his eyes I would be mistaken for God. He learned to lie, he was not predisposed to lie. And to you, consciousness and self awareness are two different things. I ask you this. How could they coordinate attacks if they could not distinguish themselves from others? That is foolish arrogant scientific nonsense. are those scientist who agree are idiots. Their confirmation means nothing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:52 pm 

:D Hello people, I think it quite humorous that one would find creativity perplexing, but then I am a child of God who is my (heavenly) Father who I know and Who knows me. He created me and made me like Him. Therefore I am creative. Even before, when I was dead in my sins and living in darkness I still had creativity - I was just not acknowledging where this creativity came from. Anyway, these are my thoughts on your posts. :D Here is my recent favorite quote: "If we refuse to admit that we are sinners, then we live in a world of illusion and truth becomes a stranger to us." (1 John 1:8 Philips Modern English trans.) p.s. I have been reading the bible for over 20 years of my adult life and have yet to find anything that contradicts anything else. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

planoflove, you have got the right idea. If you have read the Bible for that long you must certainly be clear on many things. Some people here have done no reading, study, or research but disagree with things that are well established. It's like me explaining that 2 + 2 = 4. If they have no awareness of mathematics they feel justified in saying that 4 is subjective and it could be 5 for someone else. They are unaware of their own ignorance, maybe you will have better luck helping them see clearly than I have. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:39 pm 

Phix wrote:
Quote:
t was creativity of the serpent satan which woed Eve to eat the forbiden fruit. It was the creativity of man to explore the depths of sin that lead to the great flood.
It was the craftiness of the serpent not creativity. Pick up your dictionary, words have specific meanings for a reason.

Crafty = adept in the use of subtlety and cunning b : marked by subtlety and guile <a crafty scheme>

Create = to bring into existence <God created the heaven and the earth
Until you people stop making up your own definitions for words you will never know anything. Use your dictionary to be clear, I hate when people do this. The truth in your face but you can't see it because you misinterpret the language. Thats your fault.

But to be crafty at all one must have creativity. And who gave words meaning? Humans. The only reason that they have specific meanings is because we gave them those meanings. "What is in a name? That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other." Words tie us to this earth. They are material things. But also, words are necessary. At any rate, craftiness is used to create. Ie, bring something into existance, such as a desire for power over others. Craftiness is used. I rest my case, for now.