Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: What do you think?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:15 pm 

Ok last weekend was a very scary weekend for me. My mom told me that we were moving back to Pennsylvania. So Friday night I spent with my boyfriend. When he brang me home it was hard to say goodbye. When he left he went back to his friends house and he was upset so they decided to go take a drive, and when they did they ended up getting into a car accident. I found out and my friend picked me up and we went to the hospital. My mom told me she would pick me up from there and we would be on our way to P.A. When I got there my boyfriends arm was cut up very badly. He ended up getting 18 stiches and both of his friends were hurt too. When my mom got there to pick me up we said our goodbyes again. Then my mom, her two friends and me were off to P.A. When we got into Virginia we ended up getting into a car accident. ( Exactly 12 hours after my boyfriend got into an accident) We went to the ER and got X Rays and all that done. We were in the hospital for about 5-8 hours. When we got out my mom told me we were going back to South Carolina. Now I'm back in South Carolina after a very long weekend. All of me and my boy friends friends think we are meant to be. Stuff like that just doesn't happen everyday... What do you think? Are me and my boyfriend meant to be or was it just a coincidence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:17 pm 

more than likely it was coincidence.

I personally don't believe in people being "meant to be", if you feel you love the person and you both get along good, then be together. If you have to move somewhere else, it's not like you are never going to find another guy that makes you feel the same. Sure, saying goodbyes suck and trying to get over your feelings for the person is hard, but it isn't impossible. For now though, if you are staying in your house and not moving to Penn. then stay with your boyfriend.

good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:07 pm 

i think that there are only so many people that you can relate to. Maybe there isn't some plan but good friends are hard to find lovers even more so. Life will teach you that. But if you have to move with your mom I'm guessing that you're really young yet and life will also teach you whether or not the two of you are compatable or whether you love each other enough to rough it. Good luck lady!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:00 pm 

I wouldn't say that it's coincidence. Not in the way you think though ( fate etc.). He was in a car accident because... ( a reason wasn't given so i can't tell) and then you were in one because.... ( lets say some guy cut you guys off. I don't know.) .

Was THAT a sign for you to be together? I highly doubt it. I don't even doubt it , I don't believe it. Being realistic here.

This of course doesn't mean that you two can't be happy with oneanother and complete each other in a great way. It just means in my view that you shouldn't think of who you should be or shouldn't be with based on things like that , that had obviously more to do with the facts of why the accident happened ( such as slippery road, poor driving etc.)

Hope you, your family and your boyfriend with his buddies heal up well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:35 pm 

I guess that I might be the only daydreamer here-I believe in soulmates. And yes, I do think that you and your boyfriend were meant to be. Fate brought you together, and you should never part. I dunno, I'm young. Really young. And I read "too many" books, mostly fairy tales, etc., where true love always prevails. But I want to remain that way, and provide another argument b/c no one else believes in fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:31 pm 

Fate is fickle...

However because of these events you have managed to be with him, I suppose it can be coincidence or not...

Only time will tell...

For now, be safe and enjoy your moments together, do not take anything for granted. Remember everything happens for a reason. We may not know of the reason now, but in time you shall be enlightened.

Anubis

"It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:52 am 

I think that I am afraid to drive after reading your post. You seem to be a bad omen.

ALostTexan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:39 am 

WHo is a bad omen Texan?

"It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:20 pm 

You may be meant to be for now but maybe something else will happen to show that you are not meant to be later. Don't let this incident affect you future decisions on this relationship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:09 pm 

I don't think anyone is meant to be. It's just one of those freak occurences.