Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:38 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I agree with Nostromo. Phantom, if you could recheck the original clue and tell us all whether it was correct or not, and whether we are supposed to be figuring out how a tree could have a mind or a heart of a man, that would be very helpful. Thanks
Yin.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:50 am 
Enigma
Enigma

Double post... Sorry! But I just thought I would throw out an idea for the next clue.
Quote:
More - - - -ly than a bow and sharper than a dagger--
What is swifter than an arrow and fearless as a tiger?

Could it be a tounge? Maybe a voice? Sharp as a dagger... Fearless as a tiger... and I don't know what - - - -ly is... just a thought.

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The first configuration is in fact a man but it is also a tree. The second congiguration is an animal and not a tongue. More dead ly than a bow. (The censor would not allow the word deadly.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:08 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

First configuration: Pinochio? "Limbs like a tree but no leaves" Pinochio's arms, which are wooden limbs like a tree but without the leaves. Also, mind of a man, but he was wood, so had a heart of a tree. Just a thought.
As for #2... still lost :? ... won't sleep tonight :x ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:35 pm 

Yingyang good one[pinochio].
As for second configuration the answer may be SNAKE [It bends like a bow when its in defending/attacking position and is more deadly then a bow,it is more swifter then a arrow and i think they are fearless .As for being more sharper then a dagger maybe its there teeth]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:59 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I like the theory, JAS. I guess we just have to wait for Phantom to let us know about our answers. It's the best I have heard so far, and with good reason. I actually got Pinochio from a friend's 6 year old sister. The mind of a child... Amazing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Jas, got the second configuration, A snake.

The King Cobra can kill a bull elephant.

1) Tree
2) Cobra

With hands as a fin and feet as a tail--
What appears as a fish but has no gills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:57 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

An otter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Maybe a frog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:46 am 

mermaid :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:54 am 
Enigma
Enigma

LOL I guess we should ask Phantom the roles of our answers... do they have to be real creatures or things? Or can they be objects like mermaids and dragons and such?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:15 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I like the mermaid idea. Thats a good one, JAS.
That doesn't mean much though - I still think that the Pinocchio answer is better than the real answer of a tree! :lol:

Last edited by Flametree85 on Thu May 26, 2005 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:00 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I don't get how the answer could be a tree when the clue said "Has limbs like a tree, but grows no leaves" I don't see how the answer could be a tree... oh well. By the way, could #3 be a whale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

YinYangSearcher wrote:
I don't get how the answer could be a tree when the clue said "Has limbs like a tree, but grows no leaves" I don't see how the answer could be a tree...

I agree. Also “the mind of a man” means (to me) that it MUST be human (or part human) which is why I liked your Pinocchio answer.
YinYangSearcher wrote:
oh well. By the way, could #3 be a whale?

That would explain the second line (“What appears as a fish but has no gills”) but what about the hands and feet? Again, the answer appears to be part human which is why I liked JAS’ Mermaid answer.

Obviously there’s something I am missing! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:35 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

I think we are all missing something, like maybe someone telling use whether our answers are correct... for all we know it could have been a frog and I have been losing sleep over this one for no reason...
:lol: (Caffine Rush)