Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Years ago shock therapy was used to treat snake bites. Some genius discovered that high voltage from a DC battery would reverse the effects of a snake bite. (High voltage from an AC power source will kill someone.) Folks began using these stun guns like the Police carry to neutralize poisonous snake bites. For a spell there was not a scentific explanation as to why this worked. Research revealed that a snake bite is postively charged. The human body is negatively charged. (I think).

In the way of treatment for snake bites, it is not wise to give the victim alcoholic beverages. This causes the poison to move through the blood steam at an accelerated rate.

I have witnessed only one death outdoors while engaged in outdoor recreation. In 1977 a young man(19 years old) drowned on the Buffalo River. I arrived at the scene about the same time as the ambulance arrived. The victim had turned blue. Some guy threw a blanket over the dead man. I thought it was not a good idea because the victim might smother to death if he wasn't already dead.