Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Summer Activites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:55 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

On August 1st I will be driving to Arkansas to fish for trout on the White River. One of my best buddies will be riding with me. I wanted to invite any (or all) of my rowdy friends from the quotations page forum to join us. :mrgreen: My brother will be driving up from Bartlett. If anyone is interested then shoot me an email for details.

The cost of a guided float fishing trip is $155.00 per day(for two people) plus license and bait. If you want a shore lunch the guide will cook fish and fried potatoes for you (for a small fee). Camping runs about $12.00 per night. Motels and cabins are also available.

On September 1st I plan to float the Buffalo River in Tennessee. Likewise, this will cap off my summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

We're withering in the torrid heat here, humidity-drenched like the wounded characters in a Tennessee Williams play. Can't imagine traveling or fishing or anything other than kicking back with the AC cranked to "Arctic" and drinking a cold brew. However, the idea of a live quotations page forum has merit -- maybe we should kick around ideas about a weekend conference somewhere, sometime, one day. Maybe we should go to Salt Lake City and meet mgm.

Then again . . . there is the inherent danger of ruining the magic. We all know each other here only through the words we leave on these pages; otherwise, we're masked -- and that's part of the intrigue, the appeal, of online families like ours. Meeting each other face to face might spoil it all.

Who knows?

("Who knows the secrets of the human heart?" Challenge: what movie is that from?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds fun and I wish I could travel freely right now... We're withering in the torrid heat here too, except without the humidity.

I've met many people in person that I previously knew online... It's always bizarre but rarely disappointing.

If anyone ever finds themselves near Salt Lake City (hopefully when it's colder) do drop me a line. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:06 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Who knows the secrets ... (The Crying Game?)

We have such a small group of regulars that we ought to getogether at MGM's place. I have been to Utah once, (Dinosaur Monument National Monument, 1979). I have held a local Rendevous for tndeer and tnturkey here at Camp Juniper. We had 11 folks show up in March of 2001. Everyone who ever met me implied that my online image was much greater than my actual physical appearance. Everyone that I ever met from the Internet has seemed less appealing in person (with one exception). After the effect (or shock) of meeting someone wears off then things usually go pretty smooth .

Anyway, I am planning to have some fun in Arkansas. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Excellent, Phantom -- that's my favorite line from "The Crying Game."

Don't worry, mgm, we're not all considering converging on you. PD, I think you can only offer your own place. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:55 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Friendship knows no season ...

Friends are always welcome at Camp Juniper. I have plenty of space for camping. Someday I will build that cozy little log cabin of my dreams near Lake Juniper. My neigbor who owns 200 acres north of me has a cozy little love nest on his place. He is a Dentist (with a capitol D) and resides in Memphis. I keep an eye on his property for him but he has never given me the key to his cabin.

My neighbor to the west owns 200 acres and he has a travel trailor installed that he uses for a hunting camp.

My neighbor to the east owns 150 acres and he is building a new home on the hill above the lake. Maybe I can talk him into housing guest for me. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:18 pm 

It sounds very tempting, and relaxing. Thanks for just the mere thought of it. Have a grand old time.

The Taming of the Shrew, IV, 3:
GRUMIO: I fear it is too choleric a meat. How say you to a fat tripe finely broil'd?

King Henry IV, part 2, V, 4:
DOLL TEARSHEET: Nut-hook, nut-hook, you lie. Come on; I 'll tell thee what, thou damned tripe-visaged rascal, an the child I now go with do miscarry, thou wert better thou hadst struck thy mother, thou paper-faced villain.

Twelfth Night, II, 5:
MARIA: Get ye all three into the box-tree: Malvolio's coming down this walk: he has been yonder i' the sun practising behavior to his own shadow this half hour: observe him, for the love of mockery; for I know this letter will make a contemplative idiot of him. Close, in the name of jesting! Lie thou there, [Throws down a letter] for here comes the trout that must be caught with tickling.

Tripe Face Boogie
http://www.marcogiunco.com/Testi/000875_04.htm