Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:03 pm 

true, most people agree that genisis 1 is metaphoric, at best, but there are many people who belive in inteligent design. they take any holes in current scientific belife, things that scientists cannot currently explain, and put god in its place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:08 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

That to me is entirly diffrent. Intelligent design has some merits e.g. we don't end up thinking we are a statistical fluke of an increadable order or magnitude (current guesses around 1:10^google against). Of course in all those hypethetical other universes we who would be around to ask why isn't the universe suited for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:42 pm 

yes, i admit that inteligent design has some merits, insofar as it fills any holes that are in current evolutionary theory, but interestingly enough, most inteligent design arguments are based off darwins writings, as though nothing has changed in more than 100 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 pm 

Well look at it from a scientific stand point. Based on the theory of evolution, It would have started as a cell and then multiplied until it form an embryo likely inside an egg and then hatched into a chicken. That is assuming the chicken isn't a cross breed between two other creatures. Even in that case the egg would have come first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:51 pm 

People all over the world believe in Creationism; and many believe in intelligent design, which is essentially the same thing.

Evolution doesn't make sense without creationism anyways. According to evolution, every living organism evolved from another organism.

If this is true, then tell me--where did the organism we all evolved from--the 'first' organism--come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:40 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Wow... So many interesting replies.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:44 am 

I think I interpret the philosophical question a little differently to you guys, i think of the terms chicken and egg as being interchangable with higher being (god etc.) and mankind however we are both sayingthe same thing, the statement summarises the debate between creationalists and evolutionists (please note that higher being is just a term i have tried to use to be universal to all religions cos I'm too stupid to think of a better term )

Try: "Which came first, the higher being or the human race"

Did human kind create the higher being, or did the higher being create human kind ( please forgive me if somone elkse has already pointed this out, I must have mssed theri post)