Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:10 pm 

I don't know if all the weapons would be used, but my personal idea is that biological warfare will be their main weapon. Using nuclear technology would make it impossible to live in this world, and both sides will be fighting to take control. So nuclear warefare is out of the picture. Those who create a bug or virus, usually have a remedy or alixir to cure themselves and the people that follow them. So what comes after that? Well, as you said Yin, a long survival to the aftermath of the battle. Those who live on both sides, or as many sides as there are, will continue to battle for control over the world. Will anyone win? Most likely not.

Any technology that we made will probably be destroyed leading us back to the times of old. Those who will struggle and not be able to except that, will try to recreate government, technology, appliances...ext.

Out of all this, the only thing that will still stand within the people, will be their religion. Funny, how that never seems to go away. Morals will be corrupted though, for people will be confused. People wont know how to handle the situations around them. Everything would be chaos.

Then, as years pass and time moves on, people will reajust themselves to a new life style. Some will hold on to what life used to be like, and some will live in the reality of the moment.

That is the my theory, feel free to express your opinions and theories.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:10 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I find it quite funny that it seems that religion is what people today fight over, it will probably what destroys the world (if you believe in the bible) and it will be our last hope in our last years. Unfourtunatley, that will also mean that the battle will never be over, since you were right that religion never goes away. People will fight untill the last days over which diety is right. I have always hoped I would live to see the last of it. I just wonder what that will mean...

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:58 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

I disagree for better or worse religion is dieing out in the developed world as more of the world reaches this position religion will weaken further and eventually it will dissapear.

Anyway. If WW3 breaks out then a belive that the main weapon will be Nuclear as it is containable true it makes the place uninhabitable but the damage is contained. Biological weapons are too likly to go out of control remdies for viruses are almost non existant so te only hope is innoculation it is hardly possible to innoculate an entire population without the enemy finding out what you are doing.

I would also expect to see the mass use of EMP weapons used to allow a small attack force to easily overwhelm the opposition and leave the area inhabitable.

As to how it would start maybe it could be caused by a weapon being fired to to malicious hackers, after all now that nuclear missiles can be fired by the computer system (to allow for rapid reaction to an enemy attack) a hacker may set it all in motion.

Alternativly maybe N.Korea may accutally test a nuke and if somone got jumpy we could reach it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:15 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

If nukes are used, we are all in deep trouble... one goes off, they all go off, which means everyone dies. Our only hope would be for every leader who had a nuke to have a steady head and not use it in the case of someone getting a little premature, but who knows, EH?

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:48 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

sorry but the chance of that is negligble somone will get desperate enough and one would be fired and as you said the rest would follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

We better don't think about the end of the world, but rather about the time remaining we have and how to fully live it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:35 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

MAybe not the end of the world but I'd be sirprised if I don't outlive western capatailism given the impending disasters due to global warming etc. and the end of oil in the next 30-40 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:17 am 

I can only wonder what we would replace oil with, but that is a whole different subject. Sig, your probably right. Someone will get desperate enough to use nukes. There is always that one ruler that does not think with a clear head, or only thinks of what they want, not realizing that they themselves will die from it too, until the end. Lets just hope it never comes to that right?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:58 am 
Enigma
Enigma

I will almost feel a small relief, I think, when WW3 hits. It will be the last war for a while, whether because it demolishes the world, is part of some higher power's apocolyptic endgame, or just because it will bring us so close to extinction we will either all die off or be forced to start from scratch together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:25 pm 

Here! Here! I Agree. I think it would be nice to start from scratch. It would be like going backwards in time. It might be hard, but it would awaken people from their illusions. Perhaps we would all see things differently then. I could just be wishing though.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:07 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I am optimistic about the end of the world. That is supposed to be an oxmoron. What I meant to say is that I think that the world will outlive the human race.

I drive a Dodge Dakota pickup truck that uses gasoline at the rate of 22 miles per gallon. I also own a Honda ATV that uses 89 octane gasoline. Gasoline, it is what make the world go around. I also own a transmatic lawn tractor, a weed eater, and a chain saw. Sometimes I cut wood with a crosscut saw or single bit ax.

Do it the hard way until you find an easier way to do it.

(My new motto for Camp Juniper). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:43 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

I have no doubt that the world will out last us for all our power all we can do is wipe ourselves from the planet insects would sirvive and at worst bacteria would start a whole new chapter in the book of life.

"The book of life is a book of first chapters"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

sigsfried, what would bacteria live from/on/for if there was nothing but them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:41 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Come on bacteria were here long before us. Some of the bacteria would be carrying something akin to photsynthesis some would be in valcano's/ magma vents undersea and do their fancy equivalent and a few pray on theese bacteria. Bacteria was the first form of life it can certainly sirvive without the rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:27 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i would say it would become a floating planet of rock like mars, no life form

anyone watching war of the worlds?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next