Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

How can we create "love" and maintain it without fading away?

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

By ensuring it lives with it's siblings. Respect, tolerance and acceptance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Who's to judge what love truly is? I'd give a straight answer, but I must say I'm still honestly unsure what love feels like. I've been sort of an isolated person all my life, the only love I've really felt was toward my parents.

I really do wish I could give a better answer, sorry mates.

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
How can we create "love" and maintain it without fading away?

Libra.

First of all Love in itself is a Creator and not a creation therefore it cannot be created, Love changes it's form and environment at times and in it's absence from our presence we declare it to be a faded feeling that once was and no longer is. In order to keep Love one must fully surrender and submit themselves into the atmosphere of Love and become it's prisoner and whither it may go one must follow it. Love controls and brings into subjection the heart of the mighty, the great and the profound. But also remember to be alert my friend for their are many impersonations of Love...Your name is Libra representing the great constellation of the scales which reflects the balances of Life and all justice. Know for sure that a name is an identification of a specific nature and the characteristics thereof. So my advice to you is to discover and put into action the potential of the intelligence of the person behind the name:LIBRA!. :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:27 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ah, yes, thank you, Enoch Bernard.

To add to that, let us not forget that love, while it 'does' include emotions and feelings, is not reducible to emotions and feelings. Love is the act selflessness. Self-giving. Giving of yourself. Giving of your (space) self. Denying yourself for the good of the 'other.' Self-sacrifice. That is the hallmark of our being created in the image and likeness of God. For, God is love.

To answer the question directly: yes there is.

"To love another in the highest sense of the word is to wish that person the eternal possession of God and to lead him to it."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
Ah, yes, thank you, Enoch Bernard.

To add to that, let us not forget that love, while it 'does' include emotions and feelings, is not reducible to emotions and feelings. Love is the act selflessness. Self-giving. Giving of yourself. Giving of your (space) self. Denying yourself for the good of the 'other.' Self-sacrifice. That is the hallmark of our being created in the image and likeness of God. For, God is love.

To answer the question directly: yes there is.

"To love another in the highest sense of the word is to wish that person the eternal possession of God and to lead him to it."

I must say that i totally agree with that reply...