Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Mine wasn't too bad. Teaching myself to be better with my finances and such, because I really feel as though I'm behind the curve.

Also, I've been feeling a little indifferent lately. Ever since I got back from deployment, discontent has been my best friend. I guess I'm ready to put the Marine Corps behind me, so I can live life.

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:18 am 

weekend........hmmmmmmm........owsome......
i really enjoyed my weekend with my bossom friend,s and with others friend,s........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Pretty good, fairly quiet, but then that's the way I like it. Spring down here after long winter, never really cold but windy. Now its warming up and plants getting leaves and people walking around smiling again.

The Queen came to Canberra this weekend, but my invitation to tea got lost in the post again. Whether or not you agree with concepts of monarchy, Queen Elizabeth has always done what she thought was right and what she thought her duty with dignity and courtesy and made a great Ambassador for Great Britain.

I'm really glad a lot of schoolkids got to see her, it could be a special moment in history for them, as she may be the last ruling Queen of England. Amazing lady, hope I am still as active when I'm 85.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Liz and Phil seem to keep getting my address wrong as well. Have you noticed the number of 'republicans' who turn up to royal affairs?
The republican debate is the best smoke screen a government could wish for, forget health, education, immigration, unemployment etc etc, lets all whinge about HM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:22 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
Liz and Phil seem to keep getting my address wrong as well. Have you noticed the number of 'republicans' who turn up to royal affairs?
The republican debate is the best smoke screen a government could wish for, forget health, education, immigration, unemployment etc etc, lets all whinge about HM.

You are so right, but as another well recognised distraction is to start a war perhaps this is comparatively harmless and most of us see through it anyway. :D

There have been articles for and against the republic all over the place this week and mindless articles from journalists. A few people get on forums and get all hot under the collar and throw insults at each other and nobody else really cares a toss.

To my mind there are far more worthwhile things to spend money on at the moment than all the huge administrative costs it would require to become a Republic. I can't remember what the referendum cost but it was too much. They didn't achieve anything worthwhile because, as far as I can remember, they didn't plan the options properly and didn't make it clear how we might choose a President and whether or not he would have political power..