Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Some People
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:50 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

First, don't get me wrong here. I have my own prejudices and most likely got from my ancestors who were ordinary mortals as well. I may be questioned with this question because i am not perfect at all on this subject but again, passing judgment on other people seems to be a favorite pastime for others and i too have passed some on some of people i know. I have learnt not to join and be swayed by popular opinion which in most instances becomes more of a judgment than a mere impression. Right now, i am listening to my staff who whine and insist that someone who is cheated by her husband should already file a case for dissolving her marriage and other blah blah blah . I remarked finally and said that the bottom line is how can we claim to take pity in that woman when at the same time we claim to know better than her by passing judgment on her with these nasty opinions? We may not understand her decision to stick with the "irresponsible"guy but that's how she opts to learn from life. So what's the point of complaining?

They stopped. Sigh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I'm not sure I understand. :(

Why should we judge her when we don't know what's going on in her head? That's the question?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Good question and how do we know that she was releaved that she wasnt the only one who cheated... its even.. :roll: