All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D Welcome back Kon Freak, we needed a touch of reality around the place :D

It's good to be back, I've had a lot going on, too much to get into. Glad to bring reality back into perspective.

And not from a game at all, I just literally came up with the best scenarios I could think of, though I will no doubt credit that to the Metal Gear Solid series that one of my roomates was a fan of.

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

I have been single all this while and hate relationships... stayed away from them... I love my freedom and time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Some men enjoy being single because they can do all things in freedom and be proud of it. Some women bask in their single blessedness because they can do all things out of boredom and not be blamed for it.

But i think intimacy remains to be the perennial longing of the soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Over the last few days I've been seriously re-evaluating my life. The conclusion? With 'Er indoors' and the archdemonic ankle biter, I'm in the best place a man could ever be, no point buying lottery tickets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Eh, we all have our phases.

I've had my "I don't need this s**t" moods, my "I'm in love and disgustingly sentimental" moods and everything in between.

At the moment I am leaning towards the latter one. It's nice having someone to make plans with.

That said, single can be loads of fun too. The biggest pro is reclaiming those weekends out on the town with my friends. Now they're much fewer and far in between. Most of the time, I don't mind the trade-off. :) Sometimes I miss the freedom, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This all seems rather trivial considering what Libra&Libra is having to deal with. Just wanted to say hello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:46 am 

We're all animals. Animals are life forms. All life forms have the sole purpose to procreate and develop to more stable and more energy-efficient units. So we could say it's our innate wish to extend the lifespan of our unique DNA-structures that forces us into relationships with people from the opposite sex. The people, that leave no posterity after their death, are simply bad material. Nature tries all possible combinations and chooses the ones who have the best chance for survival.
Love. It's simply what we call our desire for connection. In order not to feel lonely and completely isolated, in order to be able to find a suitable mating partner and eventually breed we people form bonds. Call it friendship, marriage, parent-heir relationship... They all give us inner comfort, inner satisfaction, inner peace... All those bonds increase our chances for survival and guarantee better starting conditions for our offspring.
As of the moment I'm single as I haven't met a woman that can contribute to my mental or physical satisfaction. I certainly hope someday I'll meet her, but for now I'm on my own. I hope I haven't depressed you with my post. It's the truth or at least the way I see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Erutan, you're so romantic. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 am 

Tommy GS wrote:
Erutan, you're so romantic. :|

Funny that you say that. As I long as I can remember myself I've enjoyed watching those simple romantic comedies with happy-endings and predictable plots... Understand me right! I want to believe in love, as purest as you can imagine it, but if it's gonna cost me my moral code and contradict the logical way of thinking I'd maybe be better off without it. I dream for it, but the sad thing is that every time I start to think analytically and unbiased I come to the conclusion, that love and morality can not exist both at the same time. Choosing love means choosing egoism... And egoism may be natural, but it isn't moral for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:53 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Such a rich response. Love... logic... morality...

Would you be kind enough to explain your train of thought? What is your moral code? Is morality relative? How does love cost you your moral code? How does love contradict your logical way of thinking? Then, perhaps, you can answer how love and morality cannot exist at the same time? How is choosing love choosing ego?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm 

Sweet a topic i have some background on..... I would have to disagree with you Erutan on this one. I don't think love is egotistical at all as to me love is when you care for someone more than yourself, when they stub their toe you become overwhelmed with pain as it feels as someone has riped your heart out because you never want to see them get hurt. Or when they are going though their period and are curled into a ball on the bed and you would rather get jumped by 15 guys then to see that look in her eyes. I think what most people are scared of is getting hurt... that love does not last forever. I am not going to lie to you it doesn't but nothing else does neither. I mean would you not drive back and forth to work on a bridge just because it will not last forever.. most likely not you just have to enjoy it while it is there and just know when it is gone so you don't drive off the bridge. Loving someone is a risk as sometimes it falls out from underneath you. If you take the time to build it right it will last a long time. ( I am talking about love between couples... and there is no set definition as it means something different to everyone so ya this is what it means to me)

Quote:
We're all animals. Animals are life forms. All life forms have the sole purpose to procreate and develop to more stable and more energy-efficient units. So we could say it's our innate wish to extend the lifespan of our unique DNA-structures that forces us into relationships with people from the opposite sex. The people, that leave no posterity after their death, are simply bad material. Nature tries all possible combinations and chooses the ones who have the best chance for survival.
Love. It's simply what we call our desire for connection. In order not to feel lonely and completely isolated, in order to be able to find a suitable mating partner and eventually breed we people form bonds. Call it friendship, marriage, parent-heir relationship... They all give us inner comfort, inner satisfaction, inner peace... All those bonds increase our chances for survival and guarantee better starting conditions for our offspring.
As of the moment I'm single as I haven't met a woman that can contribute to my mental or physical satisfaction. I certainly hope someday I'll meet her, but for now I'm on my own. I hope I haven't depressed you with my post. It's the truth or at least the way I see it.

The reason you are most likely single is because you are thinking only about your satisfaction love does not work that way it is more complex... if it was about survival we would of evolved without love as love makes you want to be with one person a person you can't live with out... with it we would not be able to try out all the different dna structure Combinations but if we just had our desires we would F*** everyone and we would have a more diverse population. And bonds are supposed to increase chances of survival... i must of missed that one because my bonds almost got me killed multiple times. Last but not least i guess they do at times give you inner peace but more than not they give you pain and problems which you deal with because you love them. So to me those reasons don't make any sense... instead of trying to label it you should realize LOVE IS NOT BOUND BE REASON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Welcome to the forum, MrCal :)

I really enjoyed your thought on likening love between couples to the bridge

Quote:
I mean would you not drive back and forth to work on a bridge just because it will not last forever.. most likely not you just have to enjoy it while it is there and just know when it is gone so you don't drive off the bridge. Loving someone is a risk as sometimes it falls out from underneath you. If you take the time to build it right it will last a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 pm 

I often regret saying my opinion loud, because it always seems to awake dissatisfaction and hatred in others.

Tommy GS: I saw your post some days ago and I tried to write an answer to it right away, but I couldn't. I realized that it'd be way too long... You must understand...

TheMrCalcovaify: I want to make an experiment. I know you've noticed the picture down there even before reading this post. And I know you've spent ~3-4 sec. just looking at it. What do you think of her? Is she attractive? Imagine that she has all the qualities your wife has... All of them... She speaks like her, she dresses like her, she thinks like her... The only difference is the body... Who of them both would you choose to marry? (Provided that you meet them both at the same time. No past experience!)

Your post is full of cliches so I'd just summarize all you've said and comment every single one of them:
"love is when you care for someone more than yourself" >>> So in a situation when you have to choose between the well-being of an unknown and that of your beloved one you'd choose her, right? And then you talk about love not being an egoist? Sorry for this one. Nice try, though.

"I think what most people are scared of is getting hurt... that love does not last forever. I am not going to lie to you it doesn't but nothing else does neither." >>> Well... Here's the difference between you and me. I want to believe that MY love will actually last forever... Or at least as long as I exist...

"if it was about survival we would of evolved without love as love makes you want to be with one person a person you can't live with out" >>> We're actually going to this state of evolution... Society nowadays for instance is so much more "open-minded" than it used to be back in the past. People are having more sex than before... Relationships last not that long... The number of divorces rises with every single year...

"my bonds almost got me killed multiple times." >>> I'm sorry to hear that. However you're the only one to blame...

"Last but not least i guess they do at times give you inner peace but more than not they give you pain and problems which you deal with because you love them. So to me those reasons don't make any sense... instead of trying to label it you should realize LOVE IS NOT BOUND BE REASON!" >>> If you can't realize why you love her, then you've never had, my friend. If you can't reason it, then what you're feeling is not love... At least not in the way I understand it.

Last question? How many people have you had sex with until now? How many women have you promised your "love" to? If it's too personal don't tell. Just ask yourself... But if the answer is not 1 to both then please don't dare discuss love with me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 pm 

Thanks for the welcome gumtree but it is only my reemergence to the forum. I have been on and off since 2005 i think... every time i come back i forget my username so i am faced with the task of creating a new one. Though i must say it is good to still see a lot of the old faces still here.

Well back to the topic on hand, Erutan you have not awoken any hatred in me sir.. this is a free place to share and debate your opinion and that is merely what i was doing. That does not mean i am right or wrong.... Lets see if i can put it into words... I am not very old but what i have found the most intriguing is peoples opinions and beliefs. How you can have something you believe to be true, so much so you lived your life following it. You find this man/woman, this random person and you start talking with them. After a while they start talking about their beliefs and you think wow this could be true but wait what about my beliefs they can be true as well. This has happened to me quite a bit and it is at these moments that you realize that neither of them is wrong. Everything in life is how you choose to see it. Now i am going to talk a quote from one of my friends and say "if you don't like the view try looking through a water bottle"

That said i will continue to your experiment ....

Quote:
I know you've noticed the picture down there even before reading this post. And I know you've spent ~3-4 sec. just looking at it. What do you think of her? Is she attractive? Imagine that she has all the qualities your wife has... All of them... She speaks like her, she dresses like her, she thinks like her... The only difference is the body... Who of them both would you choose to marry? (Provided that you meet them both at the same time. No past experience!)

She is not really my type but ya she is pretty attractive.
This part made me laugh... imagining this girl dressing like my "wife" :lol:
(she is not my wife at least not yet)
If this girl had all of her qualities but her body....it would be a hard choice because this girl does not have her eyes nor her smile.... honestly i could not make an non biased choice as i do have past experience with my "wife" and i don't like people be them friends or wifey based on what they look like unless they look like jar jar binks...but if i had to i would say my "wife" is also more my type look wise as well.

Quote:
"love is when you care for someone more than yourself" >>> So in a situation when you have to choose between the well-being of an unknown and that of your beloved one you'd choose her, right? And then you talk about love not being an egoist? Sorry for this one. Nice try, though.

Good point here... Because if you loved them you would choose them but you are still not choosing yourself... but if they mean more to you than yourself then it is still in yourself interest so it would be considered egotistical or would it? That is the question i guess...

Quote:
"my bonds almost got me killed multiple times." >>> I'm sorry to hear that. However you're the only one to blame...

Some of those times yes... but i was not talking just about friends. I did not get to choose my parents so i would say a couple of those times i had no control of.

Quote:
"Last but not least i guess they do at times give you inner peace but more than not they give you pain and problems which you deal with because you love them. So to me those reasons don't make any sense... instead of trying to label it you should realize LOVE IS NOT BOUND BE REASON!" >>> If you can't realize why you love her, then you've never had, my friend. If you can't reason it, then what you're feeling is not love... At least not in the way I understand it.

What i was trying to say was i know the things i love about her but why do i love those things... you know why do you love anything there is no set reason. Why do i love steak but someone else does not type of thing. There are some small reasons but the big picture is unattainable.

Quote:
Last question? How many people have you had sex with until now? How many women have you promised your "love" to? If it's too personal don't tell. Just ask yourself... But if the answer is not 1 to both then please don't dare discuss love with me!

I've had sex with one person and i have said "i love you" to three women my mom, my sister and my girlfriend so in that case i guess i can not discuss love to you any more... well it was fun while it lasted :wink:

But it is all like if i asked "What color is the Sky?" some might say blue, some black, some red, some purple, to someone who is color blind it would be grey... but in the end no matter what color it is the sky is still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 am 

TheMrCalcovaify wrote:
I've had sex with one person and i have said "i love you" to three women my mom, my sister and my girlfriend so in that case i guess i can not discuss love to you any more... well it was fun while it lasted :wink:

But it is all like if i asked "What color is the Sky?" some might say blue, some black, some red, some purple, to someone who is color blind it would be grey... but in the end no matter what color it is the sky is still there.

I'd wish to talk to you in 20 years. If the answer is still the same I'd be proud of you. (And believe me you'd be proud of yourself too...) The love to your girlfriend is different from the love to your mother and sister. It is stronger. (Or at least it should be if you really love her...) In a situation when you have to choose between your parents/sister/brother and your spouse/child you'll always choose the latter.

About the sky... It's the best thought of you so far! It actually made me think! Let me develop it a bit. You're right that the color of the sky is not to be defined in general... However if we stand next to each other and we both look in the sky and I see it red and you see it blue then it means that one of us is wrong. Cause things are what they are. If I shoot you, you're dead, if I let you starve, you'll die, if I suck the air from the room you're in, you'll suffocate... So my point is that I'm not arguing about the existence of the sky or its color in general. I'm arguing about its color now and here...