Get Some Sleep?
by Othmane MEZIAN
All the parts of the human body work together, although each one has its especial part to do. The stomach must critically have a time to rest between meals. The other parts of the body require rest, too. This they usually get while we are asleep.
We must not be neglectful and fail to give them enough rest, or they will soon get worn out and give us trouble.
Sometimes, when people are not well or are all tired out, they find they cannot sleep well at night. There are a number of little things that can be done to induce sleep..
1. A warm bath before retiring, followed by a gentle massage, especially along the spine, often will, by relaxing the nerves and muscles, produce very good results. A hot foot bath, which draws the blood away from the brain, frequently will be found beneficial.
2. A glass of hot milk or cocoa, taken just before retiring, often will have the same effect. If the sleeplessness is a result of indigestion, a plain diet will relieve.
3. Sleeping upon a hard bed without any pillow sometimes produces the desired effect.
4. Always have plenty of fresh air in the room. One good plan is to close the left nostril by pressing on it with the finger, then take four deep breaths through the right nostril. Then close the right nostril and take four deep breaths through the left one. Repeat this about four times. Then breathe slowly through both nostrils, but count your breaths. You seldom will count very many.
5. Keep the mind free from the cares of the day. If they will intrude, crowd them out by repeating something else some soothing sentence or bit of poetry.
6. Never take any sleeping powders or tablets except upon the advice of a physician, for they usually contain drugs that will injure the heart.
Remember that the lack of sleep can be very dangerous and self-destructing in the long-run for your health and body.. it may result in many serious and life-threatening health problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, memory loss and even increased risk of heart attack!
Like This Article? Publish It On FaceBook In 2 Clicks..
http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=htt ... hp?t=11171
"I Can Do It !"
Success Principles For Smart People!
Join The Group Now..