Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Something else
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Obviously, we get bored and bored and bored with each other's thoughts. Why not share someone else's story then? That person you talked to yesterday or a while ago. Then allow us to comment on his /her own story. I run the risk of being deemed as intruder here but the confines of the thread would be just life in general, not necessarily private concerns. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That's a great idea as long as we make the stories very general as you suggest, so then there's no intrusion.

Here's one from me in the "I remember " category!

When my grandmother was a young girl she lived in the English countryside in a small village in Somerset. She remembered having a day off school and the villagers having time off work to gather at the new railway line to see the very first train in their area run through stopping at all the villages between two towns.

She said some people were scared at the noise and were sure it wouldn't stay on the tracks, but they soon got used to it and the really brave ones went between villages for a ride.

That same Grandma sat with us to watch the first moon landing on television before she passed away, imagine the change she had seen in her lifetime.

I wonder what all of you will tell your grandchildren about??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I do not dread the coming of time when i will be called grandpa, but i sure have mixed emotions on how i would be dealing with my grandchildren who at that time might be more interested in /influenced with advanced technologies than in matters of life. But again, considering that they somehow have my good genes :mrgreen: i would love to share with them my early struggles in life as a way of inspiring/motivating them.

Also, i would talk about the mysterious and complex ways of love for am sure, they too would find it difficult and odd. At least, they would know that it's been that way for ages or since time immemorial.
GT, it's good to know that you had splendid and fond memories of your grandma.

Yours truly,

Grandpa Arrow :)

As for someone's story, one of my female staff complained about her husband who is hooked on alcohol and she complains of being unable to stand him having bad breath. Any :idea: