Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

No wonder pollies can manipulate opinions when here are two people, clearly on the same side, getting their knickers in a twist over a question of semantics................ :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:14 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
No wonder pollies can manipulate opinions when here are two people, clearly on the same side, getting their knickers in a twist over a question of semantics................ :roll: :roll:

Sounds a little like the old problems in Ireland?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 am 

Quote:
What is happening to our planet (I don't care if you think humans have exacerbated a natural shift or not. Just shut up and read this if you've made it this far), is in fact global CLIMATE CHANGE. Global warming it is not.

The fact is, is that it IS GLOBAL WARMING... You are the one to have failed to see the point. The GLOBE is warming... there's no arguing that. what you deem to call it is up to you... I'm just stating facts here, not opinion. Global Warming is not a "CROCK", it is the truth. ''Just shut up and read this if you've made it this far"... WTF? Just shut up? yeah right!!! Like I'm just gonna roll over and take it as you say it! I've seen the evidence, and I'm not just about to shut up about it. YOU are the the one who needs to get their facts straight before you go around tellin people what to do. And don't fret.... I'm not worried about you... I'm worried that there are more out there that are LIKE you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green.
Yes, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green. "

PS.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/featur ... _name.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:44 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Just to let you all know that Oz is still trying to do its bit, despite the government backing out of an emissions trading scheme :D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

We've just had the solar water heating and solar power put in.
I wonder if I can teach my tropical fish to hold their wind?

Post subject: No one can be sure
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm 

Well, there is some amount of blowing up around this issue, particularly for monetory reasones, but there is a definite element of truth in it. The sad part is no one can be sure about the trends and results of the climate change. For instance noone knows whether the climate change will lead to complete destruction of life on the earth and if so wheter it would be in the next 5 years or 5 million years! One thing is very clear and that is we have done so much harm to the nature in the last 50 to 100 years. Prior to that for millions and billions of years the human life on the earth was mostly within the boundries of the nature and did not influence it much. This must cause some change... only thing we dont know if it will be warming of the globe or cooling leading to the next ice age :(

TBird wrote:
Quote:
What is happening to our planet (I don't care if you think humans have exacerbated a natural shift or not. Just shut up and read this if you've made it this far), is in fact global CLIMATE CHANGE. Global warming it is not.

The fact is, is that it IS GLOBAL WARMING... You are the one to have failed to see the point. The GLOBE is warming... there's no arguing that. what you deem to call it is up to you... I'm just stating facts here, not opinion. Global Warming is not a "CROCK", it is the truth. ''Just shut up and read this if you've made it this far"... WTF? Just shut up? yeah right!!! Like I'm just gonna roll over and take it as you say it! I've seen the evidence, and I'm not just about to shut up about it. YOU are the the one who needs to get their facts straight before you go around tellin people what to do. And don't fret.... I'm not worried about you... I'm worried that there are more out there that are LIKE you.