Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Holiday's.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I hope the extended silence means everyone is too busy enjoying the holiday season to worry about fora.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wonderful holiday lethargy set in, plus joy of two days RAIN at Christmas and tinges of green back again!

Happy New Year to everyone - I hope 2010 works out well for you all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Eh, sorry, just busy is all... Not too bad, spouse loved the necklace... We actually had a white holiday, and oddly, still white, 6 inches left outside... Happy New Year to you all as well, have a good year I suppose.

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:22 am 

I've always thought that New Years was a funny holiday. It's all about renewal... but it's still in the middle of Winter. I kinda liked the idea of April Fools with the New Year beginning on the Spring Solstice. Personally, my New Year begins on my birthday. Time is relative, and relatives take time... hehe.

Either way... I'm gonna try and be positive in 2010. It's hard to look forward into the future for me. I try to make plans... but you know how that goes. Now I just try to have ideas and hopes, and I do what I can to fufill those desires... and that starts with today... not tomorrow. "Why put off until tomorrow when you can do it today?"

I wouldn't mind giving up nicotine... because this stuff is expensive on my wallet and health. Good luck to all on your resolutions... whether they are from New Years', or for the day. Peace out y'all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Indeed, DSW.

I have been busy, though not with the holidays. Holidays aren't really my style. At the present time, I am busy watching Bad News Bears. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ok, off topic, there's still snow. Still. Same amount. Frozen over... This has gotten annoying, classes have been cancelled 4 out of 5 days of the week last week, and 3 this week...

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Aye, it's funny how many folk across Europe are freezing to death because of this global warming thing. We just set a couple of high temperature records, but in the least number of hot days in a summer for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
Aye, it's funny how many folk across Europe are freezing to death because of this global warming thing. We just set a couple of high temperature records, but in the least number of hot days in a summer for a long time.

Oh irony, it's still. Snow. This has been one of the longest stretches of snow and cold we've ever had. Though I'd much rather be cold than warm, mind you...

Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This global warming is getting out of hand, we just had mid summer snow. I blame Gore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Agreed. The snow just turned into rain. A lot of it. Floods. Fantastic.

Garth Stein