Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Summer Vacations
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"It won't be long now." That is what the monkey said when they cut his tail off. It looks like my fishing buddy and I will be "going west" to the land of the Ozarks to camp and fish during the first week of June. I aim to carry my new tent that I got for Christmas. My 46th birthday rolls up on June 4th and I aim to celebrate it on the bank of the Norfork River. (Hic) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:49 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Hey, all the best with the camping.

I'm going to Greece in the summer, going to stay with some friends.

I can't wait!! but i suppose i shall have to. Patience is a virtue.

Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours

Post subject: School Daze
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:27 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The last day of school always seemed to be the climax of the school year. During grammar school I was not perceptive enough to realize that the teachers were equally as happy to be shed of us. There was usually a trip to the swimming pool to celebrate the end of the school year. Vacation Bible School was always scheduled on the first full week of summer vacation. VBS became as much of a social event as a educational function. In the afternoons after VBS, there were group fishing trips or swimming trips with friends. After VBS ended there was a week of Church Camp at the Lakeshore Methodist Assmebly. The Boy Scouts would go camping on the week following church camp. That was always a great week for me. During the week of the 4th of July our family would go to Land Between the Lakes to camp. After the 4th of July the summer seemed to get real slow (and real hot). The fish wouldn't bite and life seemed to become miserable. The watermelons would be ripe by the first of August. By the middle of August we were anxious to get back to school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:23 pm 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

It sure is. Everyone at the end of the school year, tries especially hard to be extra nice. It was a wonderful evening, we had a leavers assembly. Then after, girls were crying, boys were comforting them, and everyone reminiscined about all the good times.

Definitely best time of the year, even though it was all so sad.

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

On May 28th, 1997 I was on the cruise ship, Sovereign of the Seas. The Queen Bee and I were having a big time. 8)

On May 28th 1996 I was floating the Hiwassee River near Reliance, Tennessee. My wife and chitterlings were in the raft with me. :wink:

On May 28th, 1993 we moved to the country and settled into the house that we now call home. :)

On May 28th, 1984 I was fishing at Kashabowie River Resort in Ontario, Canada. :roll:

Post subject: beep beep beep
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

My plans to escape to the land of the Ozarks have backfired over the weekend. The weather did not cooperate, my fishing buddy got his plans reordered by his spouse and my truck went into the body shop. I just now got a rental car. It is a tonka toy of a car that goes "beep beep beep!" The weekend was OK (thrills, chills and spills). The Queen Bee has been buzzing and I guess it is best that I just stick around like glue for a few days.