Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Illusions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm 

Illusions can be very powerful things in this world. They can keep us astray from our true purposes... Tearing them down can be very hard, and we don't always tear them up completely.

What Illusions have you destroyed lately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:23 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Why ask this if the only possible answer you get is get real?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 am 

The illusion that marriage life was perfect and undestructable; until freedom from my own bondage gave me a second chance.

Push my own fears aside and finally let my true self shine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:23 am 

Quote:
Why ask this if the only possible answer you get is get real?

Because I'm fascinated with illusions. I like listening to others as they transcend into enlightenment. I love the stories about conquering ones own fears and distractions. These are stories of triumph, and they are encouraging to myself and others.

What does "Get REAL" mean anyways? We're all trying to "get real" in some way or another. And who's to say your efforts of "getting real" are fruitful or even correct? The attempt to get real is the only getting real that you accomplish. Just the mere act of questioning and searching for real is the real real. It's that moment in time when you are at full attention.

I think many things in society are illusions. Many history books thrive from illusions. Many relationships are illusions. Whenever someone tries to pretend to be what they aren't, that is casting an illusion. When you can see through the facade of some cretin looking for an easy target, you have destroyed an illusion. A lie is an illusion. This world is full of lies. Just because someone believes full heartedly that the lies they were told are true, does not make the lie true. All illusions.

That is why I'm interested in the stories that people tell about their breakthrough stories. It's interesting. If my interest is too "out there" or controversial... then I'm not in the right Forum for this kind of questioning.

Peace to you and yours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tbird,

It might be asking too much to expect most people to realize that they even have illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

My illusion.

Thinking that others think the same way that i do.

Yeah, I know, duh...

It is teh interwebs which disabused me. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:18 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Long since destroyed, one and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm 

I figured out that not everyone is going to be raised, that some will have to raise themselves in life. I found that I will never have the illusion of what should be a family in society. My family will never accept who I choose to date. They will never be there for me. They will never stand by me. They act like children. I'm raising my little sister for them because they can't do it themselves. They will never help me like a family supposedly should in society. It is nothing but an illusion of what the perfect normal life should be. It is the biggest lie. That we should get good jobs, make big money, and own a house. Get married, have children, and live happily ever after. Since society has created the perfect picture of how you should live, those who do not live it become resentful and jealous. I did become that way. I've come to the conclusion though that there is no certain way to live. There just is...

Tootles,
Raven