Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ouch. That sounds awful, doesn't it? Was that a recording from a wax cylinder or something? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1SX8r5y ... re=related

Any idea when the tree wallah is touring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:06 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo wrote:
Ouch. That sounds awful, doesn't it? Was that a recording from a wax cylinder or something? :lol:

:) A very scratchy 78, but I love the jerky recording process, just imagine that as all the newest craze at the time - ipod of the 20's!

DSW - amazing how that's proved useful again in one of my favourite ads
Thank you for finding the recording :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:07 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ooh... I like these songs. I might have that old sheet music around somewhere, as a matter of fact. A priest I know gave me boxes and boxes of charts from the 1920's and 1930's. Original copies. Along with the piano music, above it there are ukulele charts to accompany. My favorite find as of yet is music to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUS7XKj9h68 I love to play and sing along with it. Thanks, Count Basie, for helping me score women. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:14 pm 

Haven't gotten to the videos yet. I wanted to comment on the actual post. I have found through myself and watching others that everything is never good enough. We get what we want, and then we have to get more. We buy that $600 dollar TV, only to want the $800 dollar one next year thats supposedly better. I personally like the old ways of things. Thats not saying I don't use the computer, because I do obviously. At the same time I have my Grandmothers old TV still. I have the same phone I bought two years ago. I Invested in a computer when my other broke, but not any sooner. I got the cheap deals. I would be perfectly fine reading books instead of using the internet, or writing letters instead of leaving an email. We use it though because it is there. We say, "Why not use this....it's here. Why should we have to do it the hard way." Soon or later we will all be lazy and fat. We wont have to work. Machines and computer technology will do all the work for us. We'll even be able to take our food in pills for heavens sake. Anyways, it's because the world doesn't stop producing. They keep inventing, and as long as that happens we are going to have people that just get tired of everything they achieve in life. Why stop with one man when we can have them all. Love has become a product, and that is sad.

Tootles,
Raven