Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
I'm not sure anyone goes anywhere good or bad when they peg out, after all no one ever came back to complain.

You obviously don't watch enough "Ghost Hunters".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I watched 'Ghostbusters'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Me and my parents think there is a ghost in my house. Fishy stuff goin' on up in the attic.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm 

Some tribes deal in blood when it comes to their religious beliefs, but not all. Basically, what the deal is, is that in certain ceremonies, individuals will let their blood flow as a form of self-sacrifice. Whether it be a trickle, or a stream. Sometimes they let pieces of their flesh go, and use it to strengthen their prayers. You see, it's hard to show your dedication to the LORD when you give of things that IT already owns. It doesn't mean much to give a rabbit to the LORD if the LORD already owns it. But, humans are supposed to be different. Not many people will give of themselves in order to show their worship or dedication.
Back in the Bible days, people used to sacrifice goats, cows, chickens, and other things for the LORDs favor. Only Jesus ever got up and said, I give of Myself. Thats what the Natives do. They give of themselves, which is no easy task, I'm tellin ya straight. But it's not like we bathe in blood or drink it, or worship the Devil, or any of that hooplah. And it's not like we do this ALL the time, it's only during specific ceremonies.
Christians think they've figured it all out because someone wrote a book for them and laid it in stone. Their precepts are based on ego and fanaticism. I can't believe they criticize others, when they still actually believe in a talking snake, that Noah took ALL the animals of the world into one boat, a bush on fire talked to someone, the LORD asks questions, angels have wings, heaven is in the sky, and of course the Devil. Natives have outrageous stories that help explain things, but they are by no means meant to be taken literally. You gotta read between the lines, which most christians fail to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:18 am 

If I may add my 2 cents, I believe a blood covenant has to do with a family member who is the "chosen one". I think you have to view life on a spiritual level to truly understand, unless of course you are the blood that has been shed for many. if you were you would have no problem at all with the concept. But of course it all goes back to the Bible and coming to a point in your life where you can say I believe what is written here or rejecting it. It is a bunch of meaningless words to many people or just cute little stories taht have a good moral basis. When the words in that book come alive to you, as they did for me many years ago, you will eat them up. The roadmap for your life is there.

Go ahead and laugh. I really don't care and I'm not afraid to show my love and appreciation for Christ becuase I am a true believer.

ALL MEN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:54 pm 

Quote:
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

I was the Jubjub bird in a play in 7th grade. Just thought I would add that. I have not heard of Native Americans drinking each others blood, but I would believe that they would cut themselves to sprinkle their blood for prayers and other shaman worship.

I found this. There are more things written about blood covenants in other cultures and races.

http://books.google.com/books?id=SoQbH_Hpy-QC&pg=PA218&lpg=PA218&dq=Native+Americans+and+blood+covenants&source=bl&ots=3ET4NT0V9Z&sig=boXeZ6HqApAmMja3tiWtxODV2M8&hl=en&ei=7eGlStWoBIiFnQfB2fHSBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=Native%20Americans%20and%20blood%20covenants&f=false

Tootles,
Raven :wink:

Post subject: Blood Coveneant
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:39 am 

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.