Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Blood Covenanting
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 am 

Native Americans did a lot of blood covenanting. What does that mean to you if you are a Christian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:56 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

HERESY! DEVIL WORSHIP! VILE PAGANISM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:26 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hail Baphomet, Hail Herne. Do not buy a used car from anyone claiming to be a prophet. Incidentally, try telling anyone you talk to jesus and you'll be down the laughing academy before you can even collect your toothbrush.

Post subject: Re: Blood Covenanting
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:45 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

ppattyq wrote:
Native Americans did a lot of blood covenanting. What does that mean to you if you are a Christian?

There are over 500 tribes of Native Americans, so this is a ridiculous comment. My grandmother is Tewa. It really irritates me when people who nothing about Native Americans make sh-- up.

And what is blood covenanting? Sounds spooky! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

is 'covenanting' even a word?

what kind of spam is this? is it spam or just some random comment? i'm confused...
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:32 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Jen* wrote:
is 'covenanting' even a word?

what kind of spam is this? is it spam or just some random comment? i'm confused...
:cry:

Well, I found this:
http://www.tangle.com/ppattyq
Quote:
I am a 70 years young woman who through the years have been referred to as a butterfly because I enjoy the challenge of learning new things and once mastered I'm ready to move on to something else. I have two grown daughters and 3 grandchildren. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was twelve years old and have loved studying the word ever since. When my children were young I was very involved in Child Evangelish Fellowship. Through the years I have conducted Bible studies in my home. I taped and taught a complete series on blood covenanting and how it applies to our lives today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The Sacrament of the Eucharist might apply, I'm not sure.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it. He broke the bread, gave it to his disciples and said: Take this, all of you, and eat it. This is my body, which will be given up for you. When supper was ended, he took the cup. Again he gave you thanks and praise, gave the cup to his disciples, and said: Take this, all of you, and drink from it. This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me.

(Let us proclaim the mystery of faith! ;))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
The Sacrament of the Eucharist might apply, I'm not sure.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it. He broke the bread, gave it to his disciples and said: Take this, all of you, and eat it. This is my body, which will be given up for you. When supper was ended, he took the cup. Again he gave you thanks and praise, gave the cup to his disciples, and said: Take this, all of you, and drink from it. This is the cup of my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me.

(Let us proclaim the mystery of faith! ;))

How creepy :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

So did they drink each others blood or something?

If it's a ritual shared by both Christians and Native Americans then it probably shows that many religions developed along similar lines. It's certainly an interesting one for any theologians to study.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Moshei wrote:
So did they drink each others blood or something?

If it's a ritual shared by both Christians and Native Americans then it probably shows that many religions developed along similar lines. It's certainly an interesting one for any theologians to study.

No! This has nothing whatsoever to do with Native Americans! As I said up above and I guess that i have to say it again damnit! There are more than 500 different Native American tribes, one different from the other. It is not like all Native Americans are carbon copies, just as all Australians are not the same, just as all Blacks aren't the same, just as all women aren't the same etc etc etc

I don't know what the hell this blood covenant crap is all about, but don't attribute it to some general category of people. I grew up in Tewa culture here in New Mexico, and believe me you, I know nothing whatsoever about this blood convenant bloody bullshit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

BLASPHEMERS! REPENT! REPENT OR BE CAST INTO THE FIERY LAKE FOR ALL ETERNITY ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT!

BEHOLD THE SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE! THE BEAST IS UPON US AND THE END DAYS ARE HERE!

PREPARE YOURSELVES AND PRAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I saw 4 funny looking blokes on horses the other day, and a really weird looking cove with a big choppy looking gizmo over his shoulder getting shoved in the back of a divvy van.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Where do the bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly!

Anajo, I love the Jabberwocky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I'm not sure anyone goes anywhere good or bad when they peg out, after all no one ever came back to complain.