Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Hiatus and such
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hello, everyone.

I took a break for awhile (with the exception of Facebook - minimal, at least - and AIM) due to bad grades, which really haven't improved anyway! Now with the last week of school approaching and nothing left to lose, I'd thought I'd drop back in. I still have some Geometry homework to do, so I cannot still explain why I believe in God and why I do not defend abortion. But, nonetheless, I miss the perspective and I miss all of you... so what the hell? After a few Coronas and the defeat of procrastination, here I am.

Nothing has changed in my life really (that I can think of)... just a few ideas that I seriously plan on putting into practice once Finals Weeks is over. This includes reading more, spending more time outside and playing cards. The biggest idea I have, though, and the idea which I am plan on pursuing confidently, is living a life of simplicity.

Upon the study of "Walden" and other quotations on the subjects that have motivated me further (or is it 'farther'?), I have taken a second look at my life and evaluated it. I see the clutter in my shelves, the articles of clothing I own, the money I spend, the disorganization in my schedule, and so on; and I plan on reworking it all into a nice, fit lifestyle that will make me happy, with less.

I cannot WAIT and have already started with small steps, such as spending less and emptying out my shit-full bookbag. I am extremely anxious to see what results this project will yield and hoping for a radical change in my life for the better.

I suppose this is in part, aside from my nature perhaps, due to my non-conformism which I am growing into more and more as time goes on. My friends have several pairs of jeans and shirts to choose from. Will I be embarrassed with two jeans and five shirts? Is even five still too much? It's a process; but whoso is a man must be a non-conformist, right?

I don't think that I have anything else to express. I think I'll get another beer. Yay, for drinking alone at 2:04 a.m. But, really, why I should I care?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:05 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

oldfags unite!1!!

/b/ 4life

can I haz new posts nao?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
oldfags unite!1!!

/b/ 4life

can I haz new posts nao?

wtf? :P

I've been absent too becaue of my laptop that crashed and losing internet connection and generally being a lazy ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:08 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I'm home for the summer again and as such logging onto the internet is a pain in the but. Also very very VERY slow. As such I will only be around periodically this summer, though I will be here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:39 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

wow. There seems to be a topic here for just about everything.

I was away. I'm not explaining why. But it feels like there's still a lot to come back to.

I love the way some discussions grow here; not pretentious or too high-brow, measured and lucid, and they make sense! :)

Long live General Alcazar!! :mrgreen:

And Eternity in an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:56 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Interesting. From May 2009. It's Mid-October now. How I've changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

YAY, YOU'RE BACK!!! It was actually kinda odd without you...

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

On the topic of oldfags re-uniting on the page,

I'm still mostly absent for the moment. I'm taking four graduate student level classes (while I'm still and undergraduate) and I've taking over my school's swing dance club, so the concept of free time is something that I may have been distantly acquainted with in the past. As it is I should be doing homework (or at least the take-home exam) but I needed a break... it's almost noon which means I've been doing homework for six hours straight. So I decided to drop by.

Anyway, It's good to see that the page is still going. Cheers,

~CD