Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Promised Land
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:38 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

If there was one place you could go to, right now, where you would have to spend the rest of life, ANY place in the world, where would it be?

Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Mauritius, I've always dreamed of drifting away with my wife to that island and living a nice, quiet life, free from the bustle of these major cities and mainly, the English language... Also, it's a very lush island filled with forest...

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject: Re: The Promised Land
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:50 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
If there was one place you could go to, right now, where you would have to spend the rest of life, ANY place in the world, where would it be?

Why?

Right here where I am in my beautiful garden living with my two best friends. The surrounding desert and high sierra provides the inspiration for everthing that I paint. I have found my El Dorado right here in the American Southwest.

But if not here, then in the Correze or Dordogne valley in France.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Southern California. The feel of the wind, the warmth of the sun, the glow of the wildfires; it's perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sorry to be so boring, but right here where I am is the only place I want to be.

When I first came to live in Canberra, in 1979, it was a truly beautiful city, built around a lake with parks and gardens in the city centre and the suburbs. Now all those green spaces are dry and dusty and there is hardly any green left, our city and the countryside around is like a desert place.

But I still love the place and the people and the life here. Before we came to live here I'd only ever been here for a week, but somehow I just loved the place. It's where most of the worst and all of the best times of my life have happened, but as strangers, long ago, my children and I made good friends and found a place we belonged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:59 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

I think that Mars is sufficiently far-removed from the clusterfuck of civilization for my taste.

Even if they get there, I'll shoot their ships down with my awesome ray-gun and make it look like an accident.

No Martians here, Mr. robot probe. I'm just an oddly shaped rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
I think that Mars is sufficiently far-removed from the clusterfuck of civilization for my taste.

Even if they get there, I'll shoot their ships down with my awesome ray-gun and make it look like an accident.

No Martians here, Mr. robot probe. I'm just an oddly shaped rock.

Plus you'll get to listen to jazz all day with Spike and Jet.
(I'll give $5 to anyone who understands that reference.)

Last edited by The-Holy-Dark on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 pm 

the west indies islands... that is one place i like more than any other place... the people, the atmosphere, the lifestyle... everything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Kosove, where my grandfather has his house. Being away from the city life and the complications that city life brings would be perfect. It would be so beautiful living near the mountains and nature. It would be great going to a place where I could find myself again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:09 pm 

I would go to China or Japan. I have always had the deepest fascination with the Asian culture since I was three years old. My best friend at that age was a Vietnamese girl name Lynn. Her mother had just died of cancer I think. Yes, I remember that far back. I remember her mother too. I had contracted chicken pox and was begging them to let me play with my friend. It was the day Lynn was showing me pictures of her mother after her death, and decided to show me her wedding dress. The detail and artwork was just beyond beautiful.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I would certainly prefer Sweden, where the level of intelligence is high and where I can swim nude with beautiful girls with low demurring voices and sire whole happy, undisciplined tribes of illegitamate thesaints that the state would assist through parturition and would launch into life without stigma.
-Joseph Heller Catch-22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've never been to enough places to make that decision. Somewhere simple and quiet, where the weather and scenery is good for walking and sitting and thinking. I've always wanted to see the prairie, in the Dakotas.