Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: U G L Y
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

For you; whom you call an ugly person?

Some people look to the figure and others at the personality - so what is it for you?

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

my definition of an ugly person is someone who is rude, or has vulgar mannerisms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:00 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

My definition of an ugly person is Steve Buscemi.
And Rosie O'Donnel.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

eyes are very important for me.some eyes look "greedy".i hate them.
For me,the one whose eyes look greedy,is ugly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:54 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've been thinking about this for some time now and I don't think I've ever met or seen someone I thought was "ugly" physically. I've known people I found to be unattractive or plain... but never "ugly".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Quote:
I've been thinking about this for some time now and I don't think I've ever met or seen someone I thought was "ugly" physically. I've known people I found to be unattractive or plain... but never "ugly".

Riiiiiiight... Nobody's ugly anymore. They're "unattractive" and "plain".
NO! They're bloody ugly and one can not mask that with buzzwords.

Here is a picture of an ugly woman:

See that? Not "unattractive", not "plain", but plain ugly. As in, is that even female? ugly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:15 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Its true that ugly faces sometimes could make us shocked or taken aback for a while but when this walking beast acts politely, kindly, respectfully changes my eye-sight power to shift to another profound insight that would be only shared between me and this so called 'ugly' looking person ... this would make me get used to him/her looking that way .. ON THE OTHER SIDE a so handsome or attractive looking person would definitely grab my attention until some of his/her awful actions shade all this beauty and suddenly turns out to be more uglier than the above mentioned unfortunate ugly-lookin' beast.

Ugliness and beauty come to possess different definitions as I assume.

Excuse me while I go watching some Disney movie cartoon "Beauty & the Beast" ... sigh

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:46 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
Quote:

Riiiiiiight... Nobody's ugly anymore. They're "unattractive" and "plain".
NO! They're bloody ugly and one can not mask that with buzzwords.

Here is a picture of an ugly woman:

See that? Not "unattractive", not "plain", but plain ugly. As in, is that even female? ugly.

I don't use "buzzwords." I speak my mind and I'm honest. Whether you agree or not, really doesn't matter. I was not saying that YOU should not see/judge people as "ugly" I said I have never encountered a physically ugly person. (Other than victims of severe deformity.) I have, however, found many, many people mentally, spiritually and emotionally ugly.

And for what it's worth, I don't find that woman you posted to be ugly. A bit masculine perhaps, but not ugly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

UGLY. Another's life irony. What is that person's role and purpose in life? For others' mockery and fun? For someone's pride and vanity? Should we blame the heavens or the genes? But then beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I thought that was James Woods though in one of his films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:03 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Quote:
Its true that ugly faces sometimes could make us shocked or taken aback for a while but when this walking beast acts politely, kindly, respectfully changes my eye-sight power to shift to another profound insight that would be only shared between me and this so called 'ugly' looking person ... this would make me get used to him/her looking that way ..

Still doesn't make them less ugly. It's an unfortunate fact of life. If you're born looking like a troll, you can be the best, most honest, kind and caring person in the world and you'll still look like arse. Doesn't make you any less valuable as a person and I'd cherish your company and prefer it to some vapid, obnoxious, yet physically attractive person, but still I wouldn't think of you as any other than ugly.

Quote:
I was not saying that YOU should not see/judge people as "ugly" I said I have never encountered a physically ugly person. (Other than victims of severe deformity.)

So what you're saying is that you simply have a higher tolerance threshold for "ugly". I draw the line with people that radically deviate from the conventional aesthetic ideal and you draw the line with the absolute extreme, physical deformity.
Doesn't change the fact that you basically agreed that there are physically UGLY people.

Quote:
I have, however, found many, many people mentally, spiritually and emotionally ugly.

That is a whole different category that exists separately from the notion of physical beauty.

And if you have ever found someone to be physically beautiful, then you must have a concept of the opposite to that.

Otherwise, I call bullshit on your claim.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I think that we, as a human race, naturally judge people by their appearance when we first meet them. It's our first impression of them. (Oh he/she is ugly....he/she is not...) But what allows us to truly see someone as ugly or beautiful is when we get to know who they really are aside from their appearance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
Quote:
Its true that ugly faces sometimes could make us shocked or taken aback for a while but when this walking beast acts politely, kindly, respectfully changes my eye-sight power to shift to another profound insight that would be only shared between me and this so called 'ugly' looking person ... this would make me get used to him/her looking that way ..

Still doesn't make them less ugly. It's an unfortunate fact of life. If you're born looking like a troll, you can be the best, most honest, kind and caring person in the world and you'll still look like arse. Doesn't make you any less valuable as a person and I'd cherish your company and prefer it to some vapid, obnoxious, yet physically attractive person, but still I wouldn't think of you as any other than ugly.

che

Of course Che, I completely agree with you that this would not make of them less ugly but am talking about my own perspective, like my own eyes, the way some changes take place within me towards 'em unfortunate folks when they come to be so humane ... they are still ugly in front of you and others but in front of me they have completely changed. So no wonder when you find a very beautiful girl is interested in a guy who looks a bit ugly and finally they come to be a unique couple! ... its the question of her heart before her vision. Could be complicated, could be difficult but must be happening around us.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
Quote:
I have, however, found many, many people mentally, spiritually and emotionally ugly.

That is a whole different category that exists separately from the notion of physical beauty.

True enough... but it's also part of the original poster's question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 pm 

sometimes by looking at peple you find them ugly... but it also happens that somehow when some of them start talking your heart melts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Menolly wrote:
cheGuevara wrote:
Quote:

True enough... but it's also part of the original poster's question.

Are you in politics, Menolly?

che