Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Liars.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

They are many around us.

Do liars got to be talented just to intrude our realities and make us believe them from the first while? Why do they lie - does this please them ... Dive into their souls ... lets avoid them and find some analysis, please.

Thanks ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've actually been thinking about this lately. There is this friend of mine. She has a tendency to tell a lot of stories that are not true. In the beginning I was unaware that she was even lying. But lately she's been repeating a lot of the stories she use to tell. Each time she adds new things to the stories. To one person she says one thing, to other people she says another thing. And now she tells stories that completely contradict one another because either they take place at the same time, or other people that were there with her say that that is not what happened at all.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there... Anyway I think they do have to be talented. For one thing they have to be able to remember what lies they told to what person. They have to be talented enough to think of the lies. I think it has to do with something deeper then that tough. I think some liars lie because they have been hurt in the past by others and they believe that if they lie then they can avoid getting hurt. They would prefer to be liars then to get hurt themselves. Others lie because they don't want others to know who they really are. They don't want people to see them for who they are. They are afraid that if people do, then they won't like them. And then there are the few that do it to amuse themselves. They don't feel comfortable with themselves, so if they lie to others and hurt others it makes them feel better about themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm 

i think its just situational in most cases... there would be few who would be lying for pleasure... pun unintended...

Post subject: Re: Liars.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
They are many around us.

Do liars got to be talented just to intrude our realities and make us believe them from the first while? Why do they lie - does this please them ... Dive into their souls ... lets avoid them and find some analysis, please.

Thanks ...

Libra.

Who hasn't lied? This question is problematic in itself when posed to consider moral issues but i guess that lying is pure human instinct. If i lie to a robber inside my house and tell him that i have five companions instead of just one in order to remove/confuse his sense of control of the situation and eventually allow me to save myself, i would be grateful for being a liar in such a case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Everyone lies to some extent, even if it is to themselves. But if someone at least tries to be honest, that's a start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

ihavenoclue wrote:
I've actually been thinking about this lately. There is this friend of mine. She has a tendency to tell a lot of stories that are not true. In the beginning I was unaware that she was even lying. But lately she's been repeating a lot of the stories she use to tell. Each time she adds new things to the stories. To one person she says one thing, to other people she says another thing. And now she tells stories that completely contradict one another because either they take place at the same time, or other people that were there with her say that that is not what happened at all.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there... Anyway I think they do have to be talented. For one thing they have to be able to remember what lies they told to what person. They have to be talented enough to think of the lies. I think it has to do with something deeper then that tough. I think some liars lie because they have been hurt in the past by others and they believe that if they lie then they can avoid getting hurt. They would prefer to be liars then to get hurt themselves. Others lie because they don't want others to know who they really are. They don't want people to see them for who they are. They are afraid that if people do, then they won't like them. And then there are the few that do it to amuse themselves. They don't feel comfortable with themselves, so if they lie to others and hurt others it makes them feel better about themselves.

Beautifully said - I met many of those ppl you were telling about ... they are real hectic and pretend that its all out of hand when comes facing them!

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:

Beautifully said - I met many of those ppl you were telling about ... they are real hectic and pretend that its all out of hand when comes facing them!

Libra.

Libra exactly...that is exactly what they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 am 
Philosopher
Philosopher

Thumbs up for those nice topics lately by the way.

Society is not something very pure, especially the mercantile one we're in today.
People can say what they want about ethics and morality, but day in day out we find ourselves in competition with one another. That's why, in my opinion, at least at this time in history, people build their value and image on what other people think of them. Is there a better way to make yourself look like you want people to see you but through lies and misleading? I don't think lying is evil, I think it is weak, that's all. But we all have our moments of weakness, have we not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Its not just we hate them liars, the problem is not only affecting them as being disliked or even avoided later on, it extends to reach us somehow as in making us distrusting people generally and doubtful about every aspect around us.

May be one good thing about the consequence of those liars in our lives is to make us alert about the surrounding and cautious for next times to come.

Its a bit hectic to come suspicious in a reality you wished to could pass as an unwanted nightmare but we have to adapt, learn and thank God that we are not 'Liars'.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

New Yorkers are always lying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:07 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't think that's true Holy Dark... maybe some do lie, but not all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:49 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

generalizing is, in effect, a lie... unless you are a new yorker and you are lying then it's a lie and not all new yorkers lie... hmmm... :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Quote:
They are many around us.

You mean like zombies and vampires, right?

What strikes me as absolutely ridiculous here is that no one so far (except Anajo and Unnil in a very roundabout way) admitted that they have lied for anything other than a noble purpose.

I'm calling you all liars, because it takes one to know one. :P

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Seconded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
Quote:
They are many around us.

You mean like zombies and vampires, right?

What strikes me as absolutely ridiculous here is that no one so far (except Anajo and Unnil in a very roundabout way) admitted that they have lied for anything other than a noble purpose.

I'm calling you all liars, because it takes one to know one. :P

che

:)

Libra.