Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:32 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Okay, so here's the deal.

I'm in my senior year of college. I took over a club, which is insane with my work-load. I'm taking four classes at the moment, but all of them are undergraduate/graduate level, so I'm essentially doing the reading of two graduate students. There aren't enough hours in the day to do all that reading, AND sleep.

For once this weekend I'm actually on time with my work, mostly because I was up until 1:30 in the morning last night working on a 47 page powerpoint that's due on Monday. And I still need to interview a teacher for it. I'm taking a history class that means I read at least 100 pages every other day.

This means that a social life...what I had of it before (including forums) is going to have to be put on hold for a while.

As a result I'll stop by every so often, but don't look for me until Winter Break.

Cheers-

CD

If you want to find me on Facebook, I go to UNH, my Name's Elizabeth Dana. Good luck, or just check the friend lists of other Q-pagers who are there.

See you around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Meh, life could be going better... I found out my requirements for going to governer's school, and I meet a single one of them... Oh well... Feels good out, not sure the temp, it's been raining on and off... Life should start going better, finally got the nerve up to buy myself a personal coffee maker, now my mornings can finally start off right again... Alas, I wish I could write more, I must finish some more essays, but I do have to say, CD, I'm glad I'm not you, I would die if I was swamped so much. :P

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:47 pm 

Quote:
If you want to find me on Facebook, I go to UNH, my Name's Elizabeth Dana.

IT WAS YOOOOUUU!!!! You sent me a friend request and I didn't know who the hell you were. Ishrat could only tell me someone from quotes. I feel like I just had an epiphany. I'm sorry I ignored you. I just didn't know. I'll go add you as soon as I get off here. :(

Quote:
SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE YOU ALL!!!

Is this realllly necessary? Do you dare to smite us? (cackles to oneself...Muwahahah!)

Anywho, it is currently 54F out this chilly night, though I would claim it colder if I had a say. We've been rainy all week and last week. This was the first day I could walk my dogs without getting poured on. My music playing: "Fools in Love" by Joe Jackson. The original version by Inara George is a little funky.

So, how was everyones Oktoberfest weekend? Those who have Oktoberfest in their area that is. It was my first time in the beer tents, and it was a blast.

This is how my night went from the beginning. The first thing you must know is that Matt's mom was Misses Oktoberfest last year. So, yes I had to dress up like all the royalty. So, my button said "Klub Member". Here we go. We enter the fest grounds showing the people our buttons. Then we must go up to a tent to get our wrist bands to drink inside the tent. Matt says, I'm going to go try to find my parents and then I'll join you. Well, we get inside and about an hour later Matt still has not joined us. So, me and my two friends Mel and Fe leave the tent half drunk by this point. Mel decides to go find an actual "Oktoberfest Brat" and Fe goes with her. I go off through the fair looking for my dear boyfriend. Finally, after going in circles through the fair I find a tent that says "Private Party Only". I smile because my button says Klub Member. I bend over the fence surrounding the party pulling my button out to make sure they know that I'm a member and ask if anyone has seen Matt's parents.
They tell me that Matt's parents left an hour ago. You can imagine how I'm feeling by this point. Where the hell is Matt? As I make my way back to the beer tents my third friend Leah approaches me with my boyfriend in tow. She came looking for me, mel, Fe, and ran into Matt. He tells me that he left his ID and Phone at home. That he has been walking around downtown. He told me that he chose one of the parks downtown to do some Tai Chi, and a bunch of drunks were laughing at him. Seeing as he was the only one in the middle of the whole damn park. He leaves and ends up winning me a stuffed dragon at the fair, and me and Leah go back to the beer tent to see if Fe and Mel came back from looking for their Oktoberfest Brat. They have not. We start calling their cell phones after looking all over the fair for them. Finally they answer. They are standing in front of the other stage that has the German music going on. I tell them to meet us at the Mini Donut place with the American Flags above it. So, they start singing into the phone "Meeeeet Youuu attt the American Flags and the Mini Donuuuttss". Last part done in extreme bass tone. Once the next two hours have rolled around, and we have sang ourselves to death, we stumble out of the beer tent to go find Matt. On the way we pick up our beer gloves. One of my friends goes "what does prostit mean?". I look at my glove and it says Prosit. I tell her that it says prosit and someone else tells her is means "Cheers!". She ignores me and goes on to say "If this says "prostit" on mine who has the "tute". I think we all just about fell over laughing. On our way back to the car with Matt we all start singing one song from the beer tent that I just can't remember. I wonder why... I'm standing in front of them while they are arm and arm behind me stumbling around down the sidewalk singing this song. Matt of course is walking far ahead of us. We get to the car and I realized "Holy sh-- I have to pee!" So as I'm kicking the back of the seat all the way home on the brink of tears, once Matt starts to slow the car down in front of the house I jump out of it while it's still moving. I'm through my front door just as their putting their feet out the car doors. Hahahha! Eventually we all step outside for a cigarette. A friend of Mel's boyfriend pulls up and says "I swear I just saw your cat Mel" Mel runs upstairs and finds that her cat has run away. So three of us, myself included, sprint off down the alley. This sobers me up quickly. I mean we were flying like we were running from the cops or something. We eventually found the cat. The End!

Sorry for the long story, but I felt that I should share my first crazy night down at the beer tents.

Tootles,
Raven

Last edited by Nahwatah Ravenheart on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wow, and I thought band events were crazy enough lmao... Note to self, I'm going there sometime, sounds fun. Onto here...

About well, 17'C out, I think, I've been too busy to keep track of it. Bow season has just started here, it's time for me to start getting up very early every day before classes... Tonight shall be a fun night for the band, it's senior night, we usually do something fun on the show, but since the seniors decided to be stuck up little bitches (they really are, they're jerks) and not let us do anything, so as a special treat for them, we sorta painted the band room pink, put pink streamers everywhere, and sorta trashed their lockers :P

Bah, I gotta read Hollow Kingdom by Clare Dunkle, I didn't want to really read it, but it's simple for a report...

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 pm 

Quote:
Wow, and I thought band events were crazy enough lmao... Note to self, I'm going there sometime, sounds fun. Onto here...

Yeah, well Wisconsin is the land of the Drunk people. You ask someone in Wisconsin what fun things there are to do. They will say "Drink". I'm serious!

Anyways, I just broke down and turned my heater on. The temp for tonight is 32F and it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I hate Wisconsin sometimes. Going to our Annual Chili Cook Out tomorrow too. I hope they don't cancel it, and instead move it indoors.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Well, it's actually getting cold here too, for Virginia it's freezing for this time of year, it's already snowed. But onto...

12'C out or so, it's actually really cold today compared to what it's been. I'm in a sort of happiness-high, nothing can bring me down today, I found out I'm still in my honours english course, I was very close to being below the average and kicked from it, but somehow I managed to stay in. I received the highest grade on my healthcare paper, only off by one single point b/c I misspelled my foreign teacher's name. :P

Also... Our band cleared our class at our competition this weekend, I won best soloist, and we beat literally every band scorewise but a single one, who had about 200+ members more than us. Apparently we're good.

And to Wisconsin, I drink b/c it's there, that's pretty much it, to me it's almost like milk or juice, I drink it when it's there to drink haha...

Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 pm 

It's Cold! My boyfriends out duck hunting. I hope that we may have some duck to eat tomorrow. Anyone here like duck?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tried it a LONG time ago and don't remember a thing about it. I recently had swordfish for the first time. Anyone eaten squirrel??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:28 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I can testify to kangaroo, buffalo, snake, springbok, kudu, crocodile, wild pig, ostrich, emu and echidna being quite tasty. Koala fits the Crocodile Dundee maxim 'tastes like sh-- but you can live on it'.
Horse is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 am 

Quote:
Tried it a LONG time ago and don't remember a thing about it. I recently had swordfish for the first time. Anyone eaten squirrel??

I have not tried squirrel. One of my dogs on the other hand got into all my boyfriends collections of squirrel tails and ate them. Save the black one that I still have. Just because I have that one squirrel tail does not mean that I condone squirrel hunting. I enjoy watching them play all the time. I've seen some pretty hilarious things.

It's 48 out right now. I think it was in the sixties this afternoon. It was pretty nice out. Took my dogs for a walk, and ran into another stray dog. At least I found the owner this time. Considering that it is going on three in the morning I think I should call it a night.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've had varied many meats, I hunt squirrel daily, so I eat it daily. As for duck, I eat it occasionally, I am in love with that meat, expecially from Snowshoe Mountain's Foxfire Grill, there's a meal called Quackers, duck fried with a nice mixture of fresh veggies in a very sour, blueberry-like sauce... Has anyone ever had goose, if not, be glad, I have a very interesting story about goose, it's not that great, just don't try it haha...

About ehhh... 17'C out, maybe(?) but reguardless, it's midtemp today like usual. Things are... The same as usual. It's kinda odd, it's just the same now. I guess my spouse has the flu, that's the only different thing... Sooo yeah...

Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:38 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Man it's been a while.

But I've been good. I joined the Marine Corps. I just got back from boot camp a few weeks ago, but I have to leave again to go to my job school.

The weather at home is typical Virginia weather. Nice and cool, breezy, and leaves everywhere. Fall is my favorite season, so it's like a dream come true. I'm glad to see everyone alive and active on the board. :D

I'll try and contribute to a few topics if I have some time, but if not, I will talk to you all as soon as I can. Take care!

-Knows

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Did you come across a DI called Merklinger?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi Knows, glad you're still around. Good thread you started way back - hope all continues to go well for you . :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

FORWARNING: This will be a somewhat bitchy post, bad weekend...

About... Eh... Moderate, somewhere near 16'C, forgive me if I'm off, too lazy to check. We had our last band competition, at Marshall University, Huntington WV. So far this season we've had 2 clean sweeps of our class, 2 band of the days, always placing at least 2nd in every competition, and losing one band of the day by a tenth of a point. This competition was jacked up. We lost. By about... 20 points total. Judging was completely just screwed up, idiotic comments about things. We came home with one trophy, 3rd place drum major, when last year she had the highest score of any band there period, and almost a record setting score.

Anyway... At least last night was cheery, got to make Spinach Pie Diamonds, took a few hours, still fun, love cooking... Hunting season starts for whitetail tomorrow, which for me means I will accomplish nothing at all for the next few months due to this, and then bear season once in...

To end it off, can't wait until Friday, I skip classes to head with my anaki to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra, anyone else as big a fan as me, or a fan period?

Garth Stein

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next