Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

I'm just sayin.. :P

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:37 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

We could also name it: The Jews Strike Back.

Still doesn't sound funny.

Damn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

In my humble opinion, Israel should be held responsible for war crimes and pay reparations to the Palestinian people, be forced to rebuild all that they've fucked up and withdraw from what is rightfully Palestinian land for good.

Even if they did that, (which I'm positive they won't) they still wouldn't redeem themselves for the horrors that they've visited upon these people. Not in a million years.

f--- you Israel.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Here Here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't support what Israel is doing in Gaza. But war is war, and murder murder. Don't confuse the two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You know what's REALLY messed up about this conflict as seen over here in the US?

We've been fed so much crap by our government for the past who-knows-how-many-years that not only do I not know the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict, but my PARENTS couldn't explain it to me.

So from someone who knows the story, (and yes Che I get your point, and yes it is true), but could someone give a short summary (if such a thing is possible) of what the heck is going on over there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

War is war, murder is murder, genocide is genocide, victimisation is victimisation. Any thoughts on the aid workers the jews killed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The trouble is, neither Hamas nor Israel are going to come out and make a settlement. Yes, what Israel is currently doing to the Palestians is wrong, but Hamas won't acknowledge Israel either.

The tragedy is, both sides have forgotten what they were fighting for. Now they're just fuelled by their own hatred. I wish people could live together with their own beliefs and not reject anyone elses. No one can accept that they might not be right, that others have a right to think what they think. I'm preaching to the converted, but it needs to be said. National boundaries are wrong, and the value of independant nation states is wrong.

Remember, innocent German civilians were killed too. I feel sorry for those in any war caught up in the bullets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:51 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This isn't really a war between 2 countries is it? I thought it was one nation vs. 1 political party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:19 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

Quote:
I don't support what Israel is doing in Gaza. But war is war, and murder murder. Don't confuse the two.

Oh, so it's war now? Even though the Israelis are assaulting a nation without a state that lives on what they claim as their birthright Lebensraum? Maybe you could explain to me on which logic you base your distinction between the two.

Quote:
Yes, what Israel is currently doing to the Palestians is wrong, but Hamas won't acknowledge Israel either.

Is Israel an internationally recognized state? Yes. Is Palestine an internationally recognized state? Do the Palestinians have a country?

Thank you for listening.

Quote:
The tragedy is, both sides have forgotten what they were fighting for. Now they're just fuelled by their own hatred. I wish people could live together with their own beliefs and not reject anyone elses.

This is not a religious war. Religious prejudice is being exploited as a weapon by both sides, true. But above all, it's a war to pacify the Palestinian radical elements and prevent a loss of territory by Israel through the possible forming of an independent Palestinian state.

Call it "putting the Palestinians in their place", if you want to. Whatever.

Hamas may call for the destruction of the state of Israel alongside its claim for an independent Palestinian state, but let's put this into perspective- the Palestinians are the descendants of those hundreds of thousands of Arabs exiled from their homes when the state of Israel was being founded. I'd be pissed if someone did that to me too.

A heartwarming quote to wrap this up:

In 1937, Israel's future first Prime Minister David Ben Gurion said "We must expel Arabs and take their places."

You must be thrilled with your descendants, Davie boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:56 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

The biggest problem of this War is: Its mostly Children who have been killed or murdered (as anyone would like to call it) and UN is helpless as always and the World powers are crippled to have any stance on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Minor correction if I may? The U.N. ar not helpless, as usual they are useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

cheGuevara wrote:
Oh, so it's war now? Even though the Israelis are assaulting a nation without a state that lives on what they claim as their birthright Lebensraum? Maybe you could explain to me on which logic you base your distinction between the two.

...Thank you for listening....

Quote:
The tragedy is, both sides have forgotten what they were fighting for. Now they're just fuelled by their own hatred. I wish people could live together with their own beliefs and not reject anyone elses.

This is not a religious war. Religious prejudice is being exploited as a weapon by both sides, true. But above all, it's a war to pacify the Palestinian radical elements and prevent a loss of territory by Israel through the possible forming of an independent Palestinian state....

Ahh, but Che, didn't you just call it a war? I define a war as a long series of battles between two armed parties. The Israelis have guns, The Hammas have guns, and no one is being rounded into death camps. Sounds like a war to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 am 
Enigma
Enigma

Ok....
So my understanding is that the palestinians were given Gaza by the UN...
Isreal didn't like it and has wanted it back ever since.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:02 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

pity...people of Gaza have no protectors...
Hamas,ruled by Iran...Puppet of fundamentalist movements...takes no care about Gaza's future,only does Iran's businesses...
El Fetih,russian minion...All they do is being a rival of Hamas and fighting against it,not israeli invaders...
and our president,recep tayyip erdoğan...perhaps you saw him at davos,roared like a lion...but he is an american puppet,and americans want to make him leader of the muslims and rule the region by using Turkish military...so,he does not honestly care about children of gaza...he cares about u.s. interests...Great MiddleEast project...
Abbas,palestine president...blaming resisting militias that they caused this invasion...perhaps hamas is not a honest organization,but at least they are fighting agaisnt invasion,so they do not deserve this...A president who blames freedom fighters instead of fighting like them,deserves to see his country is invaded...
Israel...People are watching while children of Gaza are being massacred...(i don't blame all of jews,there are many people who does not to kill children,i know...)
so,pity...there are to protectors of Gaza...Only "lords" who want to benefit...pity...