Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 180's in 2009
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. I once claimed that I loathe the Boss, ascribed to his overplayed singles. After today, you can officially declare me a Springsteen fan.

2. At the start of this second semester, all of my homework is done. Knock on wood.

3. My computer, 3 weeks ago, was FLOODED with worthless crap. Files, mp3's, pictures, whatnot. It is now as clean as a whistle (almost) and I have cleared almost 70 GB worth of stuff.

4. My freshman year, I was involved with EVERYTHING musically at school. Choir, playing for Mass, etc. Now, I am involved with none of these at school.

I was just thinking of ways my life has changed since the start of 2009. What about you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Since 1 Jan 2009 (Temp around 34 - 36C)

1. Lost 5 kilos :D

2. Forgot breezes don't stop sunburn - :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:24 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wow. I am jealous. Dead of winter here. Been snowing since Tuesday. It's that Global Warming, I'll tell ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Aye, this global warming is a real worry. It's going to be 37c here to
tomorrow. That would be the hottest of the 5 hot days so far this summer. Why the blue bloody hell I had evaporative cooling installed I cannot work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:52 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yip... its tough here too. living by the coast we usually only get a max of 25'C in summer.... since 1 December, we've only had 3 days less than 30'C...

Post subject: Re: 180's in 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:30 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
1. I once claimed that I loathe the Boss, ascribed to his overplayed singles. After today, you can officially declare me a Springsteen fan.

2. At the start of this second semester, all of my homework is done. Knock on wood.

3. My computer, 3 weeks ago, was FLOODED with worthless crap. Files, mp3's, pictures, whatnot. It is now as clean as a whistle (almost) and I have cleared almost 70 GB worth of stuff.

4. My freshman year, I was involved with EVERYTHING musically at school. Choir, playing for Mass, etc. Now, I am involved with none of these at school.

I was just thinking of ways my life has changed since the start of 2009. What about you?

Well, I hesitated to answer this, my response being so negative, but here goes...

Nothing at all changed in my life from one day to the other because changes are gradual and have nothing whatsoever to do with the transition from one year to another.

I still don't enjoy the music of the "Boss".

I am too old to have "homework", thank goodness.

My computer is, and probably always will be, flooded with worthless crap, and I don't care.

Music is a wonderful obsession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:03 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Allright, you started it.
I've had 50 new years and in that time:
1. Politicians still cannot draw a breath without telling a lie
2. Half the world wastes more than would be needed to look after the other half
3. Community service programs are underfunded
4. Religion continues to be the reason so many get killed
5. Human failings are so profitable governments tax them higher and lie, saying they do so to discourage use

I've just realised how long this list could get, nighty night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

None of those have turned 180 degrees in 13 days.... that's just a list of complaints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:46 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

During 2009 I have not attempted any 180's. I don't make resolutions but I establish new objectives for the new year. My presonal strategy is based on the concept of progressive progress. During 2008 I established 8 X 8 objectives for 2008 and attained or exceed each of those objectives by November. My strategy for 2009 is based on progressive progress but I have outlined 9 objectives for the first nine months of 2009. Right now I am on schedule to attain nine objectives for the month of January. One of those objectives was to have all my income tax deductions itemized and recorded by the end of the month. My first objective for the month of February is to file my income tax return so I can collect CA$H. Last year I put off filing an income tax return until April 5th. The deadline was April 15th. I was due a refund of $1,179.00 and I felt two inches taller and fifty pounds lighter then took a spring vacation during the middle of April.