Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:15 pm 

Life is changing every day, and every change may deliver an impact on our mood. Sometimes this influence may be too much for us to handle. Sometimes we shed tears, other times we live ignoring the broken pieces and hurts in our heart. But when you are unconscious, such effect may reveal itself in your behavior and gesture and your reaction to others, which may be devastating for our social relations. Is there a way for us to make a buffer zone in life, whatever form it may take, so that we can live as usual in our society?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

hello thinkingreed and welcome to our Forum's home :)

well your words are so much deep since its related to life! especially your starting line when saying: "Life is changing every day, and every change may deliver an impact on our mood."... of course life's instability has its drastic impact on our daily interactions whether positve or negative. Man is addicted to what is comfortably stable and since life contradicts this fact... we have to "Adapt" but not all people can do that ... here comes different outcomes to various situations that we face.

You find that some people are eager and stubborn, others are passive and submissive and the other last package are totally indifferent "goin' with the flow".

Interesting topic... have to continue..

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

welcome thinkinggreed, however, may i point out that people who are not conscious of the life's changes and thus manifest it in a negative way cannot really say that they are unaware of its effects, can they make it as an excuse later on? a big no amigo.THE ANSWER TO LIFE'S QUESTIONS LIE IN US, all the while, all the time. the buffer zone is our faith. believe me, you asked that question not because you do not know the answer but because you need to affirm it, and you went to the right place!
nonetheless, correct me if am wrong :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

hey, it should read, "you came to the right place!" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

so right arrow... it is not necessarly when we investigate or ask about certain stuff that we are ignorant about such issue... but sometimes people are stunned and amazed from the weird course of life. May be cause it is unexpected and sometimes drastically shocking that's why ... we tend to share feelings, co-operation, advice and even sorrows if we can help and offer the needed sustain.

Despite we know some answers to some of the questions we pose... we need to know that we are not alone or lonely feeling that... so its a way of confirmation or kinda "I AM NOT ALONE" sense of security and knowledge affirmation!

Libra.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:08 pm 

The fact is that sometimes, one may forget the basic sense of responsibility for his/her own life. That is, one may fall pray to the evil spirital forces in life when he/she does not take necessary actions to build a world protected by faith. Even with a faith, one may get spoiled and dulled easily.

I mean, in a closely-knitted social environment, an interdependent individual may not suffer the impacts of life changes. Even when he/she suffers, it would not be so serious as an individual on his/her own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thinkingreed,

Are you trying to convert us? They sound like Bible study questions.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:38 pm 

Fish Are Quick wrote:
Thinkingreed,

Are you trying to convert us? They sound like Bible study questions.

If my questions sound like Christian, it is only because I am turning to Bible for a solution to my problems in life.

An individual may feel lost, helpless and trapped. With love for life and firm faith in God, one may get a feeling of being accepted, empowered and freed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:09 am 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

I can feel all that without the aid of God, thank you very much.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

isn't that a proud statement che? to whom do you attribute your senses?
search ur soul man before it's late and besides,
"a misplaced pride is hard to find"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:51 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I do not believe in god. But that doesn't mean that i don't occasionaly turn to others for guidence in times of confusion. Sometimes that guidence comes from those dead many thousands of years who wrote their beliefs in books, and other times it comes from the people sitting beside me.

I believe that there is a reason for everything, but that reason doesn't necessarily come from a higher intelligence that we have named god. sometimes the reasons we act as we do is nothing more than the human mind expressing itself in ways we were previously unaware of, but a higher intelligence guiding us and looking out for us? I can't see that being the case. If there was a higher power out there that was looking out for us and guiding us, why has it allowed us to almost destroy ourselves through our wars and violence.

If the power really cared about us in that way, I believe that it would have at least tried to take care of us. so prove to me that god exists and wi will believe you, but until then, i refuse to belive in a caring power that cares so little for the human race and what we have destroyed on this planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

SORRY ABOUT THAT CD.. IT'S MY BELIEF A DEEP ONE THAT I CALL IT FAITH. ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU'RE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION.
AS FOR ME, GOD IS NOT A NAME, BUT A CONCEPT- OF LOVE, PEACE, FAITH, HUMILITY, LIGHT AND HOPE. IT'S UNIVERSAL AND LIKEWISE, PERSONAL.

THANKS.

arrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:43 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow wrote:
AS FOR ME, GOD IS NOT A NAME, BUT A CONCEPT- OF LOVE, PEACE, FAITH, HUMILITY, LIGHT AND HOPE. IT'S UNIVERSAL AND LIKEWISE, PERSONAL.

Basicaly i agree that there is a concept of love, peace ect. But i just don't see anything that allows me to believe in a being or large overwhelming concept that is the manifestation of these qualities.

I feel that every human has everyone of these qualities in themselves, however every human also has the negative concepts of hatered, fear, anger and pain. in essence we are defined by the balance of these qualities, but that's not really the point, uhhh, i forgot the point i was trying to make, i hope i made it somewhere in the begining, if i didn't tell me and i'll go back and see where i got off track there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

you make me smile cd.. obviously you're an skeptic and am optimist but does it really make a difference to our frienship? nothin at all. better have a non-believer friend than one who waived and wavers on his faith.
take it slow amigo, don't take life so seriously. :wink:
i got your point, don't worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow wrote:
better have a non-believer friend than one who waived and wavers on his faith.

Better to have a nonbeliever than one who changes their beliefs based on what their friends believe.