Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:08 am 

I’m a Chinese undergraduate student . I have read Bertrand Russell’s books for nearly a year and his books really fascinate me . His a free man’s Worship and many essays are great . But now I’m a little puzzled of his ideas.
The rational that Bertrand Russell suggests is right to one’s behavior . Following what he says in Conquer happiness , many people get out of trouble and lead to a new life.And all of the struggle and war between people are stupid.That’s right .But the more intellectual his attitude is,the more confusion I was.Because some people are indeed unhappy and unlucky as to our mind.But I do think the world has a beauty in every single person which has no right or wrong.That’s the harmonious the world has , which I believe.what I do now is eager to find it.
That means we now should work hard for justice and peace as we want to construct a better world.But the strength of individual is really very very small under the control of the world.To the past tragedy and evil we see now,we should take it as a beauty of the world.It’s nothing bad or right to past individual .Both the criminal and the victim should be sympathized. But that don’t means we should not discriminate between right and wrong now . All of the opinions we have are subjective and we don’t know what we would think as the similar disaster happened to us.
I haven’t found this in Russell’s books though I know he sympathize the people in the disaster. It seems that the struggle in his period is essential , now we should find more . The word Luck should disappear or be replaced by another word more scientific in the future . This now I believe!
What you think of it ? As my English is not good, I may make many mstakes . But I really need the opinion in the world . Thank you!