PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:00 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Welcome, and that sounds cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

you are right cdsg23....InsanitysOtherHalf sounds cool :)

Usually writting about romance and fantasy have a great audience... its interesting and no bad grammar...just write and keep going.

Welcome...

Libra.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:42 am 

Title: Women Are Velociraptors, They Disembowel Before They Feed.

Genre: Non- Fiction

Summary: Real life experiences of women in the workplace, social or familial situations that expose the stark reality of the often vengeful way that women treat other women.

Chapter 1: What's She Got? This chapter details the keen and clinical manner in which women assess and categorize the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual assets and liabilities of other women.

Chapter 2: Who Does She Think She Is? This chapter details the stage of self righteous indignation that is universally felt by women, who once the assessment process is complete and said woman has come up short in one or all four of the categories in chapter 1.

Chapter 3: Alpha Female Or Else! This chapter details the ways in which the battle for the title of Alpha Female takes place in certain settings, and it exposes both the overt and covert startegies in which a war is either won or lost.

Chapter 4: I'll Get You, You B%#ch! Okay, we all know where this is going, and remember if this post disturbs you look within for the answer, and it will come.
B.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:40 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Welcome bettyann...

You have an alluring title indeed and the way you go through it into chapters makes it apparent and more clear.

"Summary: Real life experiences of women in the workplace, social or familial situations that expose the stark reality of the often vengeful way that women treat other women."

Intersting context and gotta be vital get to known about women in real experiences of life.

Thanks for your input...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Title: When Strangers Talk

Genre: Novel

Summary: After a young man commits himself to a hospital for having a manic episode, the situation gets worse when the other patients try to manipulate him. As they battle each other out for his approval, the hospital employees take it a step further by drugging him in a cheap attempt to persuade him to listen to the other patients. Several strange occurrences happen between the patients throughout the story, including a time where the young man inadvertently cures a man of Cornelia de Lange syndrome, and an old woman of her madness. This leads the others to believe that there's something special about him, but the manipulation only gets worse. After eleven days and numerous attempts of seduction, conversion to Christianity, and even offerings of a military career and an invitation to an NBA basketball game, he does nothing and finally makes the decision to head home on Christmas Eve. Although he feels proud of his decision, on the way home, the songs on the radio seem to catalyze second thoughts. And for the next two years, he quits drinking, goes through a series of programs/counselors, gets put on several medications, and lives a pretty uneventful life which leaves himself with the thoughts of what could have happened if he had done things different, until...

a) he quits the meds and has a relapse.
b) he quits the meds and meets someone who changes his life.
c) he quits the meds and joins the big brother program where he makes a friend.
d) he quits the meds, starts drinking again and dies in car crash.
e) he quits the meds, joins military, gets sent to a war, goes awol/fakes death, and settles down with middle eastern family.
f) he quits the meds, does serious digging, and makes contact with all patients from his hospital stay in an attempt to
1) ask them how they are doing.
2) ask for their guidance.
3) inconveniences their life in some way.

I know I probably went overboard with the details in the summary, but if I ever wrote a novel, the story would be very similar. And with my limited vocabulary, definitely less than 100 pages. Maybe I could pay someone to stretch things out. And in case you’re wondering, the whole quitting the meds ending would have no ties to Scientology whatsoever. I personally know people who have benefitted a great deal from prescribed drugs. I just find it to be an interesting plot device for my main character to change his way of thinking. And weather it be good or bad would be up to the reader to decide. And in the telling of the story, I’d also include any previous events that lead him to his madness, and maybe an ending that could have a "Stranger Than Fiction" twist. Or it could just be an ambiguous ending.

And by the way, I look forward to reading your books, Libra. They definitely address some of the problems my main character goes through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:18 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hello rainingtwain...
Its a very interesting input you have added indeed. The title 'When strangers talk" is catching enough to tie the reader to the consequence of events. The summary is great having the appropriate details and I like very much when you said : "I just find it to be an interesting plot device for my main character to change his way of thinking. And weather it be good or bad would be up to the reader to decide" .... I do appreciate the idea of inviting the reader to mingle and participate within the course of events making him feel that he is part of what is taking place, just to avoid his detachment.

Thank you and I expect much more... as for me I am preparing some nice stuff that I hope you all like it till I post them here...

Until then have a very interesting and nice times...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yeah we're all waiting for your book Libra, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

oh! Gosh... gimme sometime :wink: :P

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:35 am 

libra&libra wrote:
just imagine that you will publish a book and am sure that you have many good ideas... IT IS ALL ABOUT YOUR IMAGINATION and give us a title of your book.
:D

It is fantastic and constructive! I cannot easily resist the temptation of imaginative fictions!

But recently I do abstain from such bad indulgence into unreal things or words. Life is so real, and word is so empty. We need to make friends with our life, instead of turning our back on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

thinkingreed...*sigh* yeah you are right ... you can write down whatever you feel and think and let us share you with comments.

Glad that you be here.

Libra.