Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hello,
I believe that everyone of us is talented but in different fields and in various levels. It is obvious that inside you all there are several messages you need to communicate and share with others.
Just IMAGINE yourself a famous writer as all your readers are so keen awaiting impatiently the publish of your book.
All you have to do is to SELECT a name for your book (book Title) along with a summary tackling your ideas (Preface).
P.S:- FIRST: Write down the book title
Second: Write down its genre; whether it is historical, philosophical
, religious, short-story, novel....etc
Third: post your summary

Okay I will start if you please :)

* Book Title: " No Troubles nomore"
* Genre : (An Advice/recommendation)
* Summary: My book is about ways to face different situations in life and how to deal with ups and downs. It is essential to focus on solving the problems (getting things done) rather than being diverted by side issues, such as impressing people, protecting your image or worrying about what others think of you.

People who are pre-occupied with how well they are doing and how they are viewed by others feel less successful than those who concentrate on the task itself. people who need real success have to be action-oriented.

A good constructive thinker flexibly alters his/her behaviour to adapt situational demands. There is a time for risk and a time for caution, a time for optimism and a time for pessemism, a time to control events and a time to go with the flow, a time to blame one's behaviour and a time to hold the situation responsible.

Well hope you like it and expect soon my next publication :)
I am eager to see yours as well :D

Last edited by libra&libra on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:34 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Libra -

Great idea for a thread. Will have to contemplate it before I have one to post though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hey Jeff589 :)

Thanks alot ....by the way...I can't wait to read your book :D
so I will be checking here so often ..am sure you have great ideas as well

well thanks again for your interest and enthusiasm :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:33 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Title : Some ship name.
Genre: Futuristic Adventure
Summary : For the most part of my writing, it's medieval fantasy (Which I really enjoy). It might be interesting to take a break from that and attempt to write something in the future spacecraft area. Not focused on war, politics or world destruction but of a crew of characters exploring and visiting places/planets for pleasure. As a vacation of sorts. Could be interesting with imagination. Don't know how interesting it would be to read.

Though I like to finish the story I'm working on now :p
(Nice idea Libra)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hello Ngeok Nean :)
Many thanks for your contribution, your idea about "Futuristic Adventure" seems new and interesting, mainly cause it is not as we accustomed to know about such space adventures....it is different in the sense that it is like a TRIP or some kind of exploration away from any repeated themes of space-wars, planets' attack and other boring stuff.

that's cool and i am waiting impatiently your next book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:08 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yeah that was most of the point. I got the idea from my socials book last year which had a group of people do that in western Canada before it was really settled.

My next book?! I've only helped with two! What about your book??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hey...I am back
There is another idea just poped up into my mind and so ready to be published in my new book.
* Book title: Add your own touch
*Genre : Advice
* Summary: Means of frustration are many...we find people suffering boredom from their repetitve daily routine life. So I assume there are methods and some suggestions where we can resort to and fill into the vaccum space in our lives..here are some:
- Learning some new languages
- Practicing some nice hobbies and sports
- Travelling...wow and gaining interesting experiences and knowledge of the various cultures, customs and habits of different countries
- Collecting antiques
- Writing and Reading
- Shopping and picking up new things
- Roaming around with friends and having fun

Well still there are many and still you can add your own touch...just put your seat-belt on and allow your creativity to flow :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
- Travelling...wow and gaining interesting experiences and knowledge of the various cultures, customs and habits of different countries

Will you have a way of paying for dat? Traveling can get costly.

libra&libra wrote:
Well still there are many and still you can add your own touch...just put your seat-belt on and allow your creativity to flow :)

Seat-belts are restrictive! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

hey Ngeok Nean....
Yeah I agree travelling can be costing but still I feel that you need an invitation....BE ME GUEST :P

As for the teasing idea or the restrictive idea of the seat-belt hehehe, Okay you are free from putting on any seat-belts but am afraid this might be risky :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

is life not a risk? (depending on ones view)

I still wana travel, with many of my dreams and all.....*sighs* stop it! **
Anyways, not wearing a seat belt would be kinda risky, unless, I'm on a bike! pedaling across the globe! But then, I get a flat, and I'm back to WALKING! THen we should remember that walking is "standing" and seatbelts are "sitting". Furthermore, I should stop wasting peoples time, if they have more pressing matters, or just stop became people will find this annoying, my dreams and imagination.

Have you ever published and or looked into it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

YES YES YES...it is a risk, your right Ngeok Nean but still one has to be cautious- this was simply my point- by the way you made me get interested regarding various means of travelling.... but again can't you find it a bit exhausting travelling while pedaling on your bike?! :wink:

Ngeok Nean wrote:
Quote:
"Have you ever published and or looked into it?

Please clarify?!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:28 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
.... but again can't you find it a bit exhausting travelling while pedaling on your bike?! :wink:

Well I've heard a lot about people biking across Europe. And myself I find that on roads and dirt path (assuming that it is relatively flat or with equal elevations), bikes need less energy than walking. On the otherhand, if you mean walking while traveling on a bike, then I'm kinda confused. Because walking and biking, I can't do that together.

Ngeok Nean wrote:
Quote:
"Have you ever published and or looked into it?

libra&libra wrote:
Please clarify?!!!

Have you ever published a book? Or know anything about it? It is probably different than Canada but I thought I would ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi ngeok Nean...in fact I adore travelling by any means that's what i wanted to confirm anyhow:)

you asked:
Quote:
Have you ever published a book? or knew anything about it? It is probably different than Canada but I thought I would ask."

Well I have never published a book :( But...that won't stop me from writting cause simply I have ideas that keep on challenging me to be put down on papers...People close to me see that I am talented (as they say of course!) They encourage me to write and read what i do...but i would seize any opportunity I find to publish what I wrote.
By the way... what are the differences regarding publishing that you mentioned in Canada?!

Just can't stop writting my friend :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:44 pm 

This topic confuses me, can someone explain what is being done here?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:48 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hello Raven....NO NEED TO BE CONFUSED AT ALL :roll:

it is simple as possible...just imagine that you will publish a book and am sure that you have many good ideas... just write them down stating whether your ideas are related to which background; that is to say; whether historical, religious, fantasy....IT IS ALL ABOUT YOUR IMAGINATION and give us a title of your book.

ARE YOU STILL CONFUSED?! :D