Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:14 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Love is attaining security everywhere.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:01 pm 

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a sounding [piece of] brass or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophesying and am acquainted with all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith so as to transplant mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and if I hand over my body, that I may boast, but do not have love, I am not profited at all.

4 Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; 10 but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the [traits] of a babe. 12 For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love"
- The Apostle Paul 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Post subject: Love
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:27 pm 

Why love, if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore: only the life I have lived. Twice in that life I've been given the choice: as a boy and as a man. The boy chose safety, the man chooses suffering. The pain now is part of the happiness then. That's the deal. C.S. Lewis

As a boy I chose suffering and as a man I've suffered thru safety. J.M. Everett

Post subject: love
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Love is a gentle wind that blows you away.. call it first love

Love is a wild fire that burns your soul.. call it at first sight

Love is magic that tricks.. love is blind

But when love becomes you

Love is best defined.

Love,

arrow.

Last edited by arrow on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:28 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Love is the endless circle of emotions.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:30 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra
does that not better describe life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:48 am 
Philosopher
Philosopher

Life without emotion is still life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:27 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

decent... may be you explain more please...

Unnil ... yes life can go on without emotions just like a huge ROBOT.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:02 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"Orpheus & Eurydice

In ancient times there was a King of Thrace by the name of Oeagrus. Not satisfied with mortal women, he fell in love with the Muse Calliope. She found him to her taste, and of their union was born a boy, whom they named Orpheus. Calliope had the divine gift of song, and she taught her son well. So beautiful was the boy's singing that the god Apollo himself was charmed, and made him a gift of a lyre that played so sweetly it made even the stones weep.

When he grew older, a herald came to tell him of Jason's quest to bring back the Golden Fleece. Willingly he joined the other braves of Greece on the voyage, using his music to help them overcome many hardships along the way. But he was eager to get back to Thrace, for he was in love with a beautiful maiden called Eurydice. Fate however was not kind to them: right after they were married she stepped on a viper, and was bitten, and died.

Orpheus was inconsolable. His harp in hand, he took the path of the spirits of the dead, and started down to the Lower World. He charmed his way past all the guardians, all the way to the abode of the god Hades, Lord of the Underworld. He begged Hades and Persephone for his Eurydice, and swore that he either would return to earth with her, or else remain in the realm of the dead forever. Their hard hearts softened by his singing, the gods relented. They told him to go back up to the Upper World, and his wife would follow him, but not to look back or else he would lose her forever. Just as he reached the surface he turned to make sure she had not gotten lost in the thick fog. She was right behind him, but had not yet stepped into the open air. Hermes the messenger, who had been sent to follow them unseen, reached out to pull her back into the realm of the dead. Orpheus had only a moment to lift her veil, to gaze upon her face one last time, then she was gone."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Love is a beautiful maze of happiness.

Libra.

Post subject: love
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:26 pm 

I heard once that "in love" is when you want to be with one particular person, and "love" was wanting the best for that particular person regardless of whether or not that happens to be you.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:52 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Love is erasing human's selfishness.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi Libra&Libra, It is obvious to me now that love can never be defined. It can only be expressed. We may go on explaining and trying to give it our best definition but in the end, it all boils down to expressing the feeling of having or being loved. Maybe, it is safer to conclude in a way that when that emotional experience brings us such enormous inspiration and will to survive this cazy world, then we have found love for then, we become more kind, patient, etc that the bible so speaks of.

with gratitude,

Arrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:40 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Arrow ... that's exactly what I mean... love can never be circumvented by a specific defention... however, Love produces endless sophosticated meanings and I won't stop adding what I feel as long as I am breathing...

Love is an endless ocean of care and attention.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:31 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

But what happens when someone takes your breath away? :) joke..

Indeed, to be awed, to be inspired, and moved is to love and be loved back.

arrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next