Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:57 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. I read for English A-level (UK post 16) I like Iain Banks' 'The Wasp Factory' & Annie Proulx's 'The Shipping News'

2. I don't cook as much as I should. I catered for 6 for a week on a sailing trip a couple of weeks ago with two hobs, a grill and a small oven. My best work was a stew, which contained flash fried mince beef, flash fried sausages, chilli powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, tinned tomatos, tinned beans and a stock cube. Unfortunately it was served with smash (a nasty, just-add-water, instant mash potato mix)

3. I have a guitar which I can't play. I like a lot of stuff, some personal favourites are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N' Roses, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine and Led Zeppelin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:44 pm 

1. I love reading, I read almost anything. I've been going a little wacko these days... reason? Robin Cook. Starting to like his writings.

2. I love to cook. Spicy hot food, especially the hot mexican chilli. I just love hot food.

3. Music is my blood. Its the reason of my existence<grins>. I like the classicals, like country too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:05 am 

1. I do enjoy reading, and I try to get a real buffet of literature. While I may pick up a great Emerson or Thoreau writing, I also read just things as Don Quixote. And of course, being a geek at heart, Alien Versus Predator, Aliens, Predator, random Star Wars book.

2. Oh I enjoy cooking quite a lot. I like making dishes with lots of hearty meat to fill the soul. My favorite chef from the food network is Alton Brown, I love the science of it all.

3. I may spread to other types of music, but I am a metal head. I grew up listening to heavy metal, Ronnie James Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Scorpions, and just about any other metal band out there. I listen to faster paced metal now, and I find all of metal to be quite enjoyable, because it makes you feel like you need to move, like your soul has a higher calling. Not to mention you don't look like a wuss listening to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:18 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Not to mention you don't look like a wuss listening to it.

hehehehe. this is very much true. lol. got to love the metal-heads. :mrgreen: lol.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject: ... : : :
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:08 pm 

1... i absolutely love reading i read everything not just one type...

2... i heart cooking... i'm pretty amazing at different types of rice dishes and stuff like that...

3...Music is life... i listen to everything except for rap and most screamo... idk why i just liike diversity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:18 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

versatile_jen wrote:
This is a survey if you dont mind....

1). do u love reading books? what kind of books do u prefer to read? Explain why.

2). Who loves to cook? what kind of food do u prefer to cook? ur specialty? Explain why.

3). Do u love music? what kind of music do u want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music.

1). i doubt you'll find a person here who doesnt like to read
i like books with realistic endings

2).i dont love to cook. i like to make anything with pasta. my specialty? eggs. how the hell does one explain why something is their specialty?

3).i like music. i like rock. and whatever the hell coldplay is
i dont love it so how can i explain why i love it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. Well, when it comes to books, I tend to side with Zappa: "I think it is good that books still exist, but they do make me sleepy." I like Roald Dahl the most. Some of my favorite books are The Giver, It's Like This, Cat; and A Million Little Pieces.

2. I'm a natural cook. Although, I can only make stuff if I have directions, I am natural inthat I can spice it up, make it a littler sweeter, or do whatever I have to do to make the recipe better. You should try my Hot Chocolate. :wink: (Wink)

3. I eat, sleep, and drink music. Nothing interests me, motivates me, or gets me going more. I have a DEEP passion for it-- more than I think most people understand. I have played piano since I was five; and I just started harmonica a couple months ago. I listen to Rock, Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Bluegrass, Classical, and everything else you can think of. My favorite band is Phish. I also like The Beatles, Stan Getz, Nick Drake, Guster, George Winston, Enya, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, and too many other people. Check my myspace and you'll see most of everything that I listen to, because I could go ON and ON and ON forever.

In the world of knowledge the idea of Good appears last of all and is seen only with an effort. When seen it is to be the Universal Author of things Beautiful and Right, parent and Lord of Light, and the source of Reason and Truth in the Intellectual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:09 pm 

1)Yeah I love to read. I don’t really care what genre, as long as the story line isn’t too predictable.

2)I really don’t cook that much, but what I can cook I cook well. I’m a vegetarian, and eat a lot of raw or microwaveable foods, so I really can only cook pasta.

3)I like rock music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:08 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1) I love to read, anything with words that's not a textbook

2) I can and do cook. I'm a vegetarian (yeah, go us) but i still cook alot

3)I like any music that's not opera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Gosh these are my interests...though I am terrible in cooking, but i can read books of cooking and mess in the kitchen at the same time listening to music.

I like most books as long as I gain much knowledge...my motto is:
Knowledge is power.
As for music... it makes me feel as if flying and makes my day much better if am exposed to certain stress or whatever and I like to hear all kinds of music and songs (forgive me am not so much into metal...I can barely digest Metallica) :wink:
And cooking is a skill and I confess that I lack that skill but nothing is impossible... may be later I can be good at it... but still am sure its gonna be me and only me who is gonna taste what I cook hehehe no one dares to fall under my experiments :D

see you...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:32 pm 

1) i dont like reading that much!! but if i did, i would chose books about spirits, myteries and such stuff... im a big fan of Dan Brown!! love him
2) i adore cooking, thats what i live for!! and mostly sweets
3) and i listen to METAL music \m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:48 pm 

1). Do you love reading books? What kind of books do you prefer to read? Explain why. I love to read!!! I like to read books that take place in the 1500s-1800s. I love how proper they were, and how they dressed. I also love romance novels because it reminds me of how I will (hopefully) end up. Though they do sometimes make me jealous...

2). Who loves to cook? What kind of food do you prefer to cook? Your specialty? Explain why. I don't like to cook, though I'm sure I will love to when I get older and can make dinner for my family.

3). Do you love music? What kind of music do you want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music. I love music!! I really like Indie Rock. My favorite bands are: Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Metric, Minus the Bear, Sufjan Stevens, Mew, Styrofoam, Nickleback, and <a gref="http://www.goodmorningcocktail.com/avenue/">Avenue</a> <--click there. I like Indie Rock because it's like musicial poetry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:17 pm 

versatile_jen wrote:
This is a survey if you dont mind....

1). do u love reading books? what kind of books do u prefer to read? Explain why.

2). Who loves to cook? what kind of food do u prefer to cook? ur specialty? Explain why.

3). Do u love music? what kind of music do u want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music.

i do, i do, i do.

1)as long as there is a book i'd read it. what i prefer is any good book. more than often i read weird dudes such as james joyce, although my childhood love was e.a.poe and then kurt vonnegut.

2)i prefer to cook easy food of course. my specialty is mixing different stuff together. say, tomtato, onion and oyster.

3)jazz big time. concertos and sonatas. hmmm yummy. piano solos are not bad either. some alternative cult classics, e.g. velvet underground, pixies, sonic youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:50 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. Reading is GREAT! I love to read almost any fiction book and lots of other books.

2. Cooking? I LOVE to cook. I like cooking mostly sweet things, slices, cakes, biscuits + more but I do enjoy making other foods.

3. I do like music but, I can't really decide what type I like. :|
________
HONDA I-SHIFT

Last edited by K.M. on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. Yes, reading is one of my fav. things to do!

2. I like to cook, and usually make vegetable stir fries.

3. Yes I love music, and love to sing, but I don't actually listen to music that often!