Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:17 am 

This is a survey if you dont mind....

1). do u love reading books? what kind of books do u prefer to read? Explain why.

2). Who loves to cook? what kind of food do u prefer to cook? ur specialty? Explain why.

3). Do u love music? what kind of music do u want to hear? Explain why you love that kind of music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:28 pm 

1)i like reading books...almost all of them
2)i don't like cooking :roll: but i love pasta :lol:
3)music is mi life...i like rock,metal and punk music :wink: maybe just because i grow up with such music :wink:

Post subject: survey?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:29 am 

1. i LOVE reading. it takes me away on a journey, helping me escape the problems with my life, and reality. i especially love fantasy and sci fi. they are the most imaginative and sensual kinds of books, in my opinion.

2. i couldnt cook if my life depended on it. i almost burned my house down once. i prefer the microwave oven and the toaster.:roll:

3. music is my other escape. i absolutely love christian rock. relient k, pillar, anything. i will listen to pretty much any other kind of music, except country, rap, and hiphop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 am 

Yeah i enjoy reading occasionaly, i like all genre's except mabe the most far out of fantasy. [I didn't like the Narnia books]

I can't cook either-pop parts, sanwhiches, and hot pockets pretty much cover the extent of cooking I do.

I love alternative rock and really any kind of rock. I'll don't listen to rap or hiphop [rap=Retards Attempting Poetry]. I also listen to some country rarely. U2, Third Eye Blind, Green Day, Nickelback, Lifehouse, Three Doors Down, Hootie and the Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band, Jimmy Buffet are all awesome. Only rock i won't listen to is Fallout Boy. Catchy beat and totally moronic, stupid, pointless, lyrics. Heres an example from "Sugha were goin down" "watching from the closet wishing to be the friction in your jeans." yep can't get much more pointless than that. And what's really annoying is that everyone likes them. Wtf does "sugah were goin down" mean anyway. Well sorry for that little mini rant on Fallout Boy but I felt it was nessecary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't think Animalaia would like that very much. :D

And Eternity in an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wasn't this already posted? I remeber responding to those questions before in some survey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:08 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

1. I dont like reading.
2. I cook, when ever the Taste buds have better of me.. Non Veg.
3. I love Ghazals most (Even though Urdu Poetry goes way over my head, but is one you shoulf try), Any kind would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

what wouldn't animalia like? i think i just referred to myself in the third person. oh hell i did. lol.

versatile_jen, did you mean you guys or males when you said guys in the topic thingy? i'll answer them anyway.
1. i LOVE to read. i have five books going now. i always pissed my teachers off in elementary school cuz they would give us a book to read and i would have already read it. lol. i love...i want to say sci-fi but thats not right, not exactly anyway. i like.....supernatural books. i like the harry potter books (thats right, i'll admit it), anne rice books, and all the vampire/witches/monsters books. i do like some of the more traditional sci-fi too though. i like robert cormier too. hes one of my favorite authors, i don't know what group he goes in though.
2. i LOVE to cook too. i like chicken meals. i like pasta. my speciality? if you ask my little sisters they would tell you my "toast." i know it sounds funny but i used to make it for them for i had them for the weekend. it includes cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, other sweet stuff and baking in the oven. they like it. lol. ummm, if you ask other people i guess chicken pot pie, from scratch, not that crap you get out of a box. i've had frozen dinner the last couple of days and its killing me. lol.
3. i LOVE music too. noticing a trend? lol. i like rock best, and lately, the louder and harder the better. its got to have a good beat, got to be loud, and got to have an excellent guitar and a good bass. lol. the bass didn't use to catch me so much, but a friend of mine has learned the bass and after listening to him all the time i've become attached. lol.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:15 pm 
Zen Rebel
Zen Rebel

1. To quote animalia, i LOVE to read. What do I read? Well, basically anything I lay my hands on. Lately I've been reading some Iain M. Banks sci-fi and I'm loving it. Seriously good stuff.

2. Mmm... Well, in my post-veggie era the best meal I can fix up is lasagne with bolognese and bechamel sauce. My girlfriend used to say I'd grow fat and lazy from all that lasagne, so she started to call me Garfield... :)

3. Music... is my sanctuary. I love loud, violent music. It needs to have a lot of guitar, loud, screaming vocals and killer lyrics. We've got a lot of good hardcore bands here in the Balkans, so I don't usually listen to american or british music. There are some exceptions, but they don't even fit in the description I wrote down at the beginning of this. When I'm down, I listen to Pink Floyd; when I'm happy I like to listen to chilled out 60's music, and for everything in between the above applies.

che

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm 
Philosopher
Philosopher

1. I NEED to read. I love psychology, philosophy, fantasy (Feist Paolini Werber ...)
2. I CAN survive on my own.. when I really have to.. but nothing more :)
3. I listen to classic piano music when happy or in the middle of thinking about something really.. uhm.. you know.
When I'm p*ssed off I listen to Pink Floyd, Metallica, ... I'm not often p*ssed off though..

Unnil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:51 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1. I read mysteries, thrillers, fantasy. They take me into
different peoples' lives and realms of make believe. Great
ways to escape from ordinary humdrum.

2. I can cook and enjoy it. I do a lot of baking during the
Christmas Holiday. I like to prepare food for friends and
family. I like a lot of different foods except exotic stuff
that doesn't look appetizing.

3. Classical music. It can go from vivacious to sweet and
romantic. I also like some of the old standards. :)

Mahatma Ghandi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:26 pm 

1) I love reading books...I read mostly classics like Sherlock Holmes, Picture of Dorian Gray, Hemingway...I'm not sure why I like these, I guess the way they wrote books back then just appeals to my taste.

2)Don't really like to cook

3)oh yeah I love music...basically any kind of music...but if I'm reading a book or something then I'm listening to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I seem to remember answering these questions before, but I'll do it again, for the sake of it.

I love reading. I'll read most thing, though i'm not so keen on sci-fi. I like Robert Westalls and Robert Swindells, and umm..anything really. I'll read most genres from most eras etc. yeah, anything really.

Cooking. Yeah, I can cook. I often end up cooking for the rest of the family. i don't mind it. Its not something I do as escapism or anything> Indifferent I guess, but I can cook.

I LOVE music. Who doesn't? I mostly listen to rock, metal and punkish stuff. If I'm happy I'll listen to Robbie Williams (big fan, sadly enough). I like Metallica, System of a Down, Korn, NIN, Tool, Slipknot, and Seether( SA band, the only one who went big. Dunno if anyone knows them, except South Africans). I also listen to softer stuff like Green Day, 3 Doors Down, Collective Soul etc. I like a few SA rockish bands like Prime Circle and The Narrow and The Parlotones...
Can't stand people like Avril Lavigne, the Backstreet Boys, Mariah Carey etc..

The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor judge of distance. ~Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:28 am 

1) i love reading classics and books with really good twistendings
2) i can actually cook a little and i make a mean chicken ala king
3) i looooove music, i play guitar for rock, and piano and violin for classical

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:39 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

that is SOOOO cool zebra!! i can't play anything besides the radio. lol. WELCOME to the site, and i hope you stick around.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"